Is it time to quit on the Curt Schilling Closer Experiment?

I think they should give the guy a six pack then send him in. It can't get any worse? Can it?

:no

Send him to the Rangers. He would be an improvement over their entire pitching staff! :mad:

Scott Greczkowski said:
Maybe it's a new curse...

"The Curse of the Pedro" :D

I love that one :D Pedro threw a no hitter (almost) but lost... He has been quite a surprised in the NL for the Mets.

I didn't draft him in my fantasy league to be a closer...I want the old starter Schilling back. He's worth 1/3 the points the worst pitcher is on my team and 1/5 the league best (also on my team).

I got a good reason: It must be because of the old run down dump that the Red Sox play in. That place is pathetic. I have never been to such a run down place, in my life. The only place I have ever been and paid $80.00 to sit behind an iron beam. Get out the wrecking ball Boston.

The Sox should start bringing him in in the 7th inning and then the 6th, so he can be building his endurance.
As a starter you have room to make a mistake here and there, all starters get better as the game goes on, usually the 1st and sometimes the 2nd innings are usually the worst.
They need to pitch him longer, not give up on him.
Eventually, by the end of the 1st week in September, he should be starting....
If they have any hope for the playoffs, it will be as a Starter.

Jimbo

Schilling roughed up in return to Red Sox's rotation

Well, it looks as though they should send Shilling back to the bullpen after getting roughed up by...um, Kansas City? Perhaps they should send him down to the Bay Sox.

Source

"The veteran right-hander, who had been in Boston's bullpen most of the season, got cuffed around in his first start since April and the Kansas City Royals beat the Red Sox 7-4 on Thursday night, their fourth win in five games since a franchise-record 19-game losing streak."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)