Is it too late to cancel?

SCDave

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2021
Az
I apologize ahead of time for the dumb question.

I ordered Dish a few days ago to be installed later this month when I was speaking to the guy I forgot to mention one of their special offers, I called yesterday and they told me to call back after installation however after installation I lose all of my bargaining power. I have no intention of canceling but I'd like to put it out there for leverage when I call later today.

IT is never too late to cancel. The question is at any point in time what it costs to cancel. Since I assume you are not under a signed contract you should have no issues canceling.

Yeah, never wait till after the install. Unless it’s a gift with purchase offer with a retailer, it’s hard to get anything changed after the fact.

You can cancel any new install as long as it has not been installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do share your experience with the group.
Dish was installed yesterday and so far so good, a little bit of a learning curve but I had Dish a few years ago so not too bad.

I received the "top 120" , hopper sling and a last minute change to the wireless Joey (nice not to deal with a cord for $25 extra). The one downside is the Hopper Sling "only" has 3 receivers but I think I can manage.

The "deal" was real good my out the door price was $71.21 but after a bit of looking around I decided to upgrade the hopper to Sling so that was $5 extra per month and wifi Joey for a one time fee of $25. I got an offer for $400 MC so my cost is $76.52 - $16.66 (because the MC) so I'm effectively at $60 per month for the next 2 years. One other bonus is my wife is a nurse so we get that "bonus" however the link to input her credentials has been removed.

We had a small issue last night when the remote stopped working but that was an easy enough fix. The remote is amazing I was able to make the soundbar the default for the volume.

Are there 2 different Hopper 3s? With Sling and without Sling? Mine has a logo 'Hopper 3 with Sling".
There is just one Hopper 3 and it comes with Sling. What SCDave is referring to is a Hopper with Sling which is actually the second model of the original Hopper. It only has 3 satellite tuners.

There is just one Hopper 3 and it comes with Sling. What SCDave is referring to is a Hopper with Sling which is actually the second model of the original Hopper. It only has 3 satellite tuners.
The last one I had had something like 16 tuners....

That is a Hopper 3 and you really should have insisted on getting that model again.
The sling was a substantial improvement over the "duo" (?) that only had a 500gb hdd. 16 tuners would have been better but 3 will get me by, I guess it's too late to change anything now right?

Reactions: charlesrshell
The sling was a substantial improvement over the "duo" (?) that only had a 500gb hdd. 16 tuners would have been better but 3 will get me by, I guess it's too late to change anything now right?
If you are already installed it is probably too late to do anything. As you say, you might be able to live with 3 tuners. If that becomes a hassle you can always upgrade to a Hopper 3 later but it will cost you some dollars to do that.

Dish was installed yesterday and so far so good
The last one I had had something like 16 tuners....
If you are going to upgrade to Hopper 3, now would be the time to do it, if you want to have some hope of avoiding paying another upgrade fee later. Since you were just installed yesterday, there is a bit of a "buyer's remorse" period where you can call to make changes without a penalty (or without too much of a penalty, anyway). Many other members have posted in this forum about being disappointed with a new installation of either a Hopper Duo or a Hopper With Sling (Hopper 2) and then immediately called Dish within a couple of days of the installation, to schedule an upgrade to a Hopper 3. I seem to remember all of those members posting satisfied results after getting that upgrade. Be sure to mention that you already had a Hopper 3 the last time you had Dish, and you want that same model, and that same functionality, back now. Good luck. :) :thumbup

The Duo was a later model that came out, downgraded. It’s been something of a red headed stepchild and would best go the way of the Super Joey.
Dish seems to love the Hopper Duo, though. They try to push that model onto as many subscribers as possible. It is also the model that is included in their advertised pricing. An upgrade to any other model of Hopper would cost extra per month. SCDave is already paying that $5 extra for the Hopper With Sling, though. So at this point, it may be best to try for the Hopper 3, for no additional monthly fee.

If you are already installed it is probably too late to do anything. As you say, you might be able to live with 3 tuners. If that becomes a hassle you can always upgrade to a Hopper 3 later but it will cost you some dollars to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)