Wally manual recording does not play!

Timbee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2018
Northeast USA
Strange. I can set a manual recording on the Wally and when I go to the list of recorded programs it shows up, channel info and time duration are displayed as expected, but no matter what I push, it simply will not play.

All other recorded programs set with the TImer work normally and there are no other issues that I've noticed with any other of the features. Quite frustrating given only one program can be recorded at once with the Wally so often I'd like to record portions of a program manually that would otherwise overlap with a program set to record with the Timer.

Anyone else ever seen this issue??

This sounds an awful lot like the issue that was posted here:

This sounds an awful lot like the issue that was posted here:

?? Well, yes-- but that doesn't help me in any sense as far as a solution goes.

My post is the one referenced above. The program is stuck in limbo - you can't watch or delete it, but you can watch and manage it from a dish anywhere on phone or tablet.

?? Well, yes-- but that doesn't help me in any sense as far as a solution goes.
I don't have a solution. However, you did ask if anyone else has seen this issue, so I was answering your question.
Anyone else ever seen this issue??
Anyway, it sounds like there may be a common issue with the software, regarding manual timers, that affects both of your receiver models. So, I was cross-referencing your threads just in case Dish Support decides to look into this issue. That way, if they see one of your threads, they may take a closer look at this issue for both of you.

My post is the one referenced above. The program is stuck in limbo - you can't watch or delete it, but you can watch and manage it from a dish anywhere on phone or tablet.
Unfortunately, since the issue in this thread is about a Wally, even Dish Anywhere is not a solution, since the Wally can't Sling. The last time I had a Wally and tried to use Dish Anywhere, I could see a list of my recordings, and even play the On Demand version of those episodes by selecting them from that list. However, there is no way to play the actual recordings. So, if Dish Anywhere happens to have that particular show On Demand, it may be a sort of work-around. Of course, the regular On Demand menu through the receiver itself may be even more convenient. If there is no On Demand version, then there is no work-around.

Appreciate the input. By way of update I finally realize that even though nothing happened when I tried to select the recorded version if instead I pressed PLAY repeatedly- sometimes 6 or 8 times-- the recorded version played.

Just one of the weirdnesses I encounter with the Wally and external HD. For example, after a recent reboot, when I viewed recorded programs, I could see, for example, there were 5 listings of a particular BUT, when I opened that to view those five, I just got a message along the lines of "nothing to see here". Just blank space.

This was the case with almost all of the recorded shows, but for some reason, not all. A few did display the shows and allowed me to select to play and/or delete.

Just this morning I went to view a morning show that I recorded last night before bed. Selected that show and got the same "nothing to see here" message. But again, even though nothing was shown, I hit PLAY repeatedly and the show magically began playing.

Cause? I have absolutely no idea. But at least, as frustrating as this thing can be sometimes, I have a workaround-- for now until the next issue appears!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)