Is it worth getting one??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moosejr

Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Iowa
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but is is worth getting a receiver that does 4:2:2 i noticed CBS is using 4:2:2 other then that i don't see any i'm sure theres more then that in wildfeeds etc but is it worth it ? I have my new feedhorn on the way and and working on getting the receiver still thinking the microhd but that doesn't do 4:2:2 but is it worth getting one that does at this point.

I have an AZBOX, and despite it's quirks for the last 3 years it has been a good receiver. Compared to what you can get for 1/2 the price these days....unless you're a real PBS fan or have to have all the bells and whistles and are willing to put up with the all hassles of getting it set up, vote with your checkbook.

from your other post you mention a 8 foot and 6 foot dish. Those may be too small for those particular feeds
I know my 6 footer doesnt work here in Minneapolis on those

from your other post you mention a 8 foot and 6 foot dish. Those may be too small for those particular feeds
I know my 6 footer doesnt work here in Minneapolis on those

Thats a good point iceberg.

i can get get CBS ota from Sioux City and Des Moines and on super good day might even get it from Omaha so that's not really a big prob not to have those.

on a side note does anyone have any experience with a Megasat 100 HD my uncle saw one on ebay from 55.00 i think

I've never read Megasat 100 HD on the forum until now. If you purchase, please post a review.

heres the info they have on it.

High Definition MPEG4 AVC/H.264 HP at L4, MPEG-2 MP at HL/ML and MPEG-2/DVB S2 standard
USA satellite list from 30w to 125w

Diseqc 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 support.

The receiver is a small size for easy placement
Full function remote control

5000 channels TV and Radio programmable
Capable of receiving both SCPC and MCPC channels
8 favorite groups

English German French Portuguese Spanish Italian Dutch Danish Swedish Finnish Russian Turkish
7 days Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
JPEG BMP GIF support

4/8/16-bit OSD

PAL/NTSC video formats
Blind Scan channel search

Channel editing function (favorite,move,lock,skip,delete,rename,find,sort)
Parental control for channels and menu lock

Eeasy to use Menu System
Time set by GMT offset automatic and manual, Daylight savings support
5 event timers off/Once/Daily/Weekly/Monthly Mode
Subtitle support
last channel recall

USALS power supply motor control
Diseqc power supply motor control
DVR can record "Live TV" with USB hard drive purchased separately

A body of mine got one of those Megasat 100HD from ebay for $40 shipped, he sad that is a clone to the OpeBox S10

Last edited:
I tend to agree that since the minority of feeds are 4:2:2, and with the availability of CBS feeds from "distant affiliates" that unless someone really misses having exclusive CBS network feeds, extra cost for a receiver that can render this format is hard to justify.

For the cost, a MicroHD or similar non-openbox receiver with most of the quirks worked-out and ready for viewing enjoyment (after proper setup) fits the bill for me!

If you have a big enough dish yes the C B S games are 4:2:2...but they are 9/10 FEC so you need a great signal

college games are usually 4:2:0 HD now (when SD was still pretty big 4:2:2 was used a lot)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts