Is mediacom still crap?

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I've noticed Mediacom have an offer of 20m Internet for $39.95 for the first year, +15 for 2nd year. Wondering how reliable they are. I only have 1.5m with dsl but it never goes down.

When I had Mediacom 10+ years ago it would drop out for no reason quite frequently.

Wow, I am absolutely amazed at the lack of activity in this particular forum. I created this thread almost a year ago and as of today it is still 4th from the top.

I bit the bullet on Friday and had Mediacom install their 12m Internet ($19.95 1st year, $29.95 2nd year, 2 year agreement) and it worked great for 25 hours. Late Saturday it dropped connection and as of today (Tuesday) it is still down. The guy came by yesterday to find me not there, after he called the wrong phone number to let me know he was on the way.

All this combined with the fact that they only schedule tech visits in my town on M, W, F means I am less than impressed. I am glad I did not cancel the DSL service yet.

here locally, Mediacom cable modem service has been very good. It has gone down a couple times in the last 2 years, but nothing requiring them to come to my house and fix, all further upstream.

Wish I could say the same about their TV service. Still only about 25 HD channels and still using old, refurb'd equipment everywhere.

And unfortunately I'm not a new customer and am paying lots more than that for the service I do get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts