Is my 721 dead?

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
It seems one of the tuners in my 721 is dead :( This morning it was showing the "Acquiring signal" window, so I did a check switch. I noticed that the check in tuner 1 was taking a long time and when it was done it said there was nothing in tuner one, but tuner 2 was ok. I swapped the cables hoping (actually praying) that it was the problem was the SW21, but it did exactly the same. So I think I'm screwed.

Is there anything else I could check? I love my 721, and I don't want to lose it!! :( There are no 721s for sale anywhere, and I don't know about the 522. My 721 has been good to me (other than the HD, which I can replace easily now) and I have heard bad stories about the 522. Maybe someone has a dead 721 with a good tuner around and I can remove the tuner and install it in mine. :) It could be a good experiment.

Are the 522's as bad as I have read here? Are they a good replacement for a 721?

Call Dish. You should have had the insurance. Obviously you don't but they should help you out anyway with a replacement. They have to have some in case one of my two 721's break because I do have insurance on mine. Anyway for a reasonable fee they should swap out your 721. If not email me and I can help you out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)