Is my 721 dead?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Faw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
It seems one of the tuners in my 721 is dead :( This morning it was showing the "Acquiring signal" window, so I did a check switch. I noticed that the check in tuner 1 was taking a long time and when it was done it said there was nothing in tuner one, but tuner 2 was ok. I swapped the cables hoping (actually praying) that it was the problem was the SW21, but it did exactly the same. So I think I'm screwed.

Is there anything else I could check? I love my 721, and I don't want to lose it!! :( There are no 721s for sale anywhere, and I don't know about the 522. My 721 has been good to me (other than the HD, which I can replace easily now) and I have heard bad stories about the 522. Maybe someone has a dead 721 with a good tuner around and I can remove the tuner and install it in mine. :) It could be a good experiment.

Are the 522's as bad as I have read here? Are they a good replacement for a 721?

Call Dish. You should have had the insurance. Obviously you don't but they should help you out anyway with a replacement. They have to have some in case one of my two 721's break because I do have insurance on mine. Anyway for a reasonable fee they should swap out your 721. If not email me and I can help you out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)