is my h20 setup okay?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
I heard that you need a homerun from the dish to the receiver. My question is do I have a home run or not? I do get some pixelation on local HD.

Satellite---------RG6-----------------house---wirecut---new wire attached-----------receiver

basically the installer ran 4 wires into my basement then cut them and reconnected them to a new wire and ran them to the receivers. I think he did this bc it was easier that way.

Should be okay as long as the cable runs aren't exremely long and he did a good job crimping/splicing. RG6 the whole way, right?
How are your Sat signal levels? I assume by local HD you mean from an off-air antenna, not Ka satellite? That might be an antenna/signal/pointing issue also.

Last edited:
rstokas said:
I heard that you need a homerun from the dish to the receiver. My question is do I have a home run or not? I do get some pixelation on local HD.

Satellite---------RG6-----------------house---wirecut---new wire attached-----------receiver

basically the installer ran 4 wires into my basement then cut them and reconnected them to a new wire and ran them to the receivers. I think he did this bc it was easier that way.

He didn't do it because it was easier, he did it to put a ground block in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.