Is my LNB going?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

otter12

Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
Hi, this is my first post on this site, lots of good info to be found here! I am on the road at the moment so I don't have all the info with me. My system is a SWM with an SL3-S lnb on an H23-600 receiver. The signal strength on the 101 sat is in the 90's, the 99c and 103 ca, cb are nearly the same except for a few transponders that are in the 40 and 50's, spot beams are all good.

I started getting the searching for signal error recently, plus insert a valid access card error that could be fixed with a reset but got continually worse. Is it possible a bad lnb/ poor signal could cause both these errors? Or maybe the receiver?

The system has worked fine for over a year now so I am just trying to trouble shoot the problem for the time being before I get home.

Thanks.

Hi, this is my first post on this site, lots of good info to be found here! I am on the road at the moment so I don't have all the info with me. My system is a SWM with an SL3-S lnb on an H23-600 receiver. The signal strength on the 101 sat is in the 90's, the 99c and 103 ca, cb are nearly the same except for a few transponders that are in the 40 and 50's, spot beams are all good.

I started getting the searching for signal error recently, plus insert a valid access card error that could be fixed with a reset but got continually worse. Is it possible a bad lnb/ poor signal could cause both these errors? Or maybe the receiver?

The system has worked fine for over a year now so I am just trying to trouble shoot the problem for the time being before I get home.

Thanks.

I greatly doubt that the LNB is causing the InValid Access Card, I would look at the card first, it should not be scratched up at all.
The Invalid Access Card is a very unusual error code, it could be that they will need to replace the card or the recvr card slot could be bad/ going bad.

Thanks for the quick reply, I suspect you are right about the receiver card, as the access card looks ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts