Is my Switch down ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ralphLauren

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2009
NY
Hi guys, just want to know if my switch is down. I have a motorized and each time I go to 97W my signal quality oscillates really fast between 0 and like 30. The signal strength stays intact at 70. The funny thing is I only see this oscillation in the signal quality when I am in the antenna set up menu. Once I go back to the any of my channesl (which were set up previously, and have worked for years) the quality stays fixed at 0 and doesn't move an inch, no mater how much I try to move the dish. Do you think my switch is down ? Can a switch be down for linear lnbs and still work for circulars ?

switches can go bad but it almost sounds like the dish isnt aimed properly.

if the switch went bad, more often than not the signal strength would be at 0 or very low. Pansats say 30 signal switch if a bad switch

I throw switches away even if I "suspect" anything. I bought 20 on e-bay yesterday for $24 (including shipping). That's about $1.25 each!!! The quality almost always comes up some when I install new switches. I try to do it at least once a year. I saw 10 of the "new" style switches for the same price. They come with a weatherproof box. Once I bought 50 switches for $55 and gave half of them away. I'm just about out again now! They're too cheap to agonize over.

I've had trouble with just one of the four outputs before. You would think the whole switch would go bad.

Also, be sure to check for loose connections. Sometimes it's bad cable.

Sometimes cheap costs you. Depends on if it's cheap price or cheap quality...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts