Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I just got my HD service, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I have YES and SNY in HD (although I have yet to see a Mets game broadcast in HD on SNY.) However I'm rather surprised to see that I don't get NESN HD. Does anyone know if the station normally is on in HD in other RSN markets, or is there some weird deal going on where NESN HD simply isn't on D*?

That figures cuz it was a main reason for coming on board with D* HD. Sounds to me like the same BS I had to put up with on C-Band when NFL- HD wasn't made available to us subscribers after telling us for months that it would be,,,, any day now. Yeah right. :rolleyes: It never happened btw.
Oh well, as it was with the NFL channel, I'll just be happy to watch my RED SOX on NESN,,,, period. After the season is over, I'll care less when NESN in HD comes onboard,,,, until April that is. :D Thanks Scott for the info,,, it lessens the pain by not having that constant disappointment.

Robin

NESN HD is only available in the Boston DMA.

I will not be national until the end of the year.

Didn't know it was going to be in HD at year end for everyone... Going to have to ditch dish here pretty soon I reckon and head on over. Just missing way to much sportage.

Didn't know it was going to be in HD at year end for everyone... Going to have to ditch dish here pretty soon I reckon and head on over. Just missing way to much sportage.
I just LOVE those ads that Dish is running about how you can get the most sports with them, and they focus on the NFL and how they have the NFL Network..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah.. when was the last time you went into a sports bar and they had Dish Network all over it?

If you can believe the channel listing page in the 10/07 issue of DirecTV Access magazine they show NESN channel 623 as in HD.

Attachments

• dtv channels.jpg
    dtv channels.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 189
One of our principle reasons for leaving Dish for Directv was NESN in HD. We were told over and over by many reps that we would get it no problem right away. Being in RI we are technically in the Providence/ New Bedford market but we asked so many times and were consistently told yes we would have it.

We don't. Something about the Spot beam being too close to others and not coming in properly blah blah blah. Oh the excuses and the misinformation is unbelievable.

This being said.... I have Sportsdesk set to record at 5:00am ET each morning (ch. 623) and for the last few days it has been showing HD on the HR20 upon playback, and it looks good! Now the feeds live after 6am do not show as HD on my same receiver and I find that interesting.

The games so far on NESN 623 have NOT been in HD even though as I said they told me over and over that they were. BUT for the past couple nights anyway we have been able to see the feed on channel 94 or 95 which I thought was either spotbeam or the national MLB feed (Which we do not subscribe to??)

We are hopeful that this will continue until the HD feed goes national or the playoffs leave NESN anyway but that's how it's been working here in RI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CSR Tips Tricks and promo codes

Local News in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)