Is PRESS TV GONE ON 97w??? Can someone please check because I dont get it anymore..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Blank screen, although it still scans in. (Hmmmmmmmm, could this be????)
Wait, I had them on another transponder a while ago, scanning. Nope, not on another TP.

Brian Gohl will know when he checks in again. ;)

I don't think our country would ban it, we're trying to promote freedom across the globe, it wouldn't appear right. I think Spain took issue with Iran and knocked them off 30W, I believe that has been reported on Telesur, Chavez' mouthpiece. I could be wrong about all this, but it would be out of character. I believe even North Korea can sell their videos and CDs in the USA from their website. Most other goods are prohibited, but stuff that falls under freedom of expression are not. Correct me if you know otherwise. Seems there was an Arabic channel that was banned, out of concern they were sending messages to operatives hostile to the USA. There are limits.

I was watching it this morning around 7am for a bit. Always interesting to get the alternate viewpoint, sort of like listening to Radio Moscow on shortwave many moons ago. Still getting audio on their web page, might be video but I don't have bandwidth for that here.

VERY interesting. The iFilm channel has the same slate. Al Kawthar has no slate, but is dark. Yet the other Iranian channels: IRIB2, IRINN, Al Alam news, Imam Hussein 1&2, iFilm English (slate) are still broadcasting.

Maybe they're rethinking the money they pour into these things in light of the current situation? Hispantv looked pretty good in HD, the apolitical stuff could be interesting. Wish I had recorded the visit to the zoorkhaneh -- Iranian wrestling, body building, heavy club swinging, strange looking stuff, set to music.

Can still watch PressTV on their website & the quality's pretty good. Also good to know it's on Roku. I didn't think to try that last night. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)