Is Stars still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent the so-called leader of the group. Vegas satellite as he is known, or his real name Joel Munn, an e-mail the other day politely asking him some simple questions. He responded by saying that the group will not answer any questions until after you sign up and pay the fees. He then went into a tirade about people picking on him and the group as a whole.

His answers made me want to just jump up and join as soon as I could.:D

Jeff Rich, you are such a liar.

Here is Jeff's "polite" e-mail.

To: STARS@STARSOrganization.com
Subject: Worthless orginazation
Created: Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 11:06:41 AM

How many bills have you been able to pay by signing up idiots who think you could help them? Enough to pay your bills so you could sit home on your ass? I bet so.

I have reported you, the STARS organization to the IRS and the appropriate federal authorities for fraud and deception and accepting money for fraudulent purposes. The funny part is that of all the groups in the net available to satellite installers, only one even mentions your worthless group, and I am sure that is becasue you and DOC are buddies. The biggest 3 sites in our industry don't even give you the time of day and consider STARS a non issue. But since I hate your guts I will gladly spned alot of my time making sure you personally as well as the STARS orginazation fails in every way. You see, I am succesful and have money and I can sit on my ass and spend whole days f**king with you and plan on doing just that. Then maybe crooks like you and Vegassatellite and Mike Hollinger can be exposed for the real crooks you all are.

Have a good day dickhead. Start looking for a new job. I hear McDondalds is hiring, even though that may require more intelligence than you have. And also, when they open the fraud investigation against you, that may just put a halt to you being allowed to work on lottery dish jobs. TOO BAD!!!

No name given, but it was easy to figure out it was Jeff Rich.

My reply...
Hello Jeff Rich,

And I have reported you to your ISP.

Jeff's reply...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I am so scared. It will be fun see you squirm in court trying to explain how you took money from people for nothing. But wait, your organization is all but dead anyway. Of all the sites that cater to the satellite installers community, only one, transmitter news, even talks about it. And they are the smallest of all the groups. Mention your name or Stars in any toiher other group just brings laughter and jokes. Like I said idiot, get a real job. Oh that's right, you are too fricking dumb!!!

And my reply...

Hello Jeff,

I don't know where you think any of the STARS money goes to paying my bills. I haven't touched one dime for personal use. The board has on-line access to the bank account, so there's no hiding anything. I welcome the Feds to come and look at the books.

As for sitting on my ass and doing nothing... that's a load of crap and you know it. I just finished 3 CNN Airport installs and have installs and service calls scheduled out for the next two weeks. It would be nice to sit at home on my ass and get paid, especially in the winter, but in the real world, nobody is going to pay me to do that.

Grow up or find someone else to pick on.

Jeff's intelligent reply to that...

HASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And today I get an e-mail from a another address...

To: STARS <STARS@STARSOrganization.com>
Subject: Hi a$$hole
Created: Monday, January 14, 2008, 8:27:47 AM

Hey moron,

Just thought you would like to know how bad everyone is trashing you in the other sites. Satellite guys, which by the way is the biggest site around, and has almost 50 times more active members than your dumb ass buddy at transmitter news, they all seem to know you well. They all know how you like to convince everyone that you can help them make more money, but yet, you yourself are worthless. But hey, the part where you want money up front is nice too. Several of the members say they have proof that you are spending the money you collect to support yourself.

STARS is dead moron, and stinking. And so is your name and reputation.

Yes, thanks to people like you that put out false information and outright lies, we are having problems gaining confidence from people. Here I have tried to put an organization together because so many said one was needed and what do I get for it? Nothing but grief and outright promises to shut it down.

To call me a crook is an outright lie and offensive. You say I have several web sites asking for money and promising to help others make money. Where? Another big lie. I have NEVER asked for money from anyone on any of my web sites. You said "Several of the members say they have proof that you are spending the money you collect to support yourself.". That is another outright lie. The board of directors has access to the bank account (view) and can see every penny spent. The members have access to the financial statements that break down every penny spent. Scott G is a member and can verify that.

Scott G. I don't know what to say to you. You seem just as hell bent on getting STARS shut down as Jeff Rich. You know for a fact that we are in the formation stage and can't offer much in benefits. You said

Joel Munn, I challange you to turn the ship around for the good of all Stars members or resign from Stars.

Turn the ship around? Into what direction? You're the one that keeps hitting the rudder, forcing us off course. The last time you made any posts of significance in the STARS member forum was back in Nov. Why don't you "help" explain this new direction you want in the proper forum?

And why do you keep posting this false information?

You mentioned something interesting and that is a large amound of the Board of Directors were NOT elected they were apointed after everyone else resigned.

I am wondering who appointed them...

You know damn well that no one was "appointed". You know damn well that those people were placed based on the VOTING results. You were the biggest whiner about having a revote and now that we did, you're still whining, further proof that you have no intentions of helping STARS.

To Jared Twomey: You have never posted in the STARS member forum. You have never responded to any e-mails. So you have never posted your opinions or suggestions, never volunteered to help on any of the committees, but yet you're ready to call it a bad investment. I'm confused.

Joel, you buffoon.

Are those people on the Board of Directors that were appointed, where they the ones who won by votes? The answer is NO. The people on the BOD were not the ones who were actually elected.

The members have access to the financial statements that break down every penny spent. Scott G is a member and can verify that.
Ok then I want to see these, please point me to where I can access this information.

But that site is a big joke. It is set up so that the people being reviewed can vote for themselves repeatedly and if you try to posy anything negative about any of his so called friends, he will block you from the site and remove the negatives.

Come on, tell the truth Jeff. First of all, there is no way to "block" anyone with the program. Secondly, I remove very little. About all I remove is the short "X sucks" posts and only if it's a repeat from the same person. Thirdly, I never ever remove YOUR posts... I just add your IP address to YOUR posts so everyone can see that YOU keep posting with different names/e-mail addresses. Yes, it is true that people can vote for themselves more than once... just as people can vote against them repeatedly, and believe me, more people vote against companies than they vote for themselves.

Jeff, I have really no idea what your beef is with Mike Hollinger and I don't really care. He's not a "friend" of mine so I don't know where that idea comes from either. You seem to spend an awful lot of energy trying to make him look bad when no one else does.

For those that care to see what I'm talking about...

Company/Installer Review Page (DAMco)

Joel, you buffoon.

Are those people on the Board of Directors that were appointed, where they the ones who won by votes? The answer is NO. The people on the BOD were not the ones who were actually elected.

They were the next highest vote-getters. Technically, the by-laws say...

"Vacancies in the Board of Directors shall be filled by a vote of the majority of the remaining members of the Board of Directors for the balance of the year."

So we are guilty of allowing the members voting results to decide who would be on the board vs. the board deciding. You would have had a cow if the remaining board members decided who would be on the board.

Ok then I want to see these, please point me to where I can access this information.

I just bumped it so you can find it easily (in the STARS forum).

Ok I went over to the Stars website to find the financial information Joel is talking about above, and still can't find it.

But did find this note from Joel...
I just visited Scott G's site for the first time in ages and wow they (Jeff Rich and Scott G) are really ganging up on us over there. Scott, if you have issues with STARS, bring them up here. You don't post here in over a month but have no problem telling your million members how screwed up we are and that we're doing nothing. You let Jeff Rich go on telling out right lies about me and calling me a crook, saying there are members that have proof that I'm stealing money from STARS. You call me pathetic but yet you're the one that's acting pathetic. You are a member of STARS. You have access to information here that Jeff doesn't but yet you play right along with him and his lies and don't do anything to defend STARS. Jeff Rich has admitted to doing everything he can to make STARS fail. Are you going to continue siding with Jeff or are you going to correct him when he lies on your board? Up to now, all your actions seem to be the same as Jeff's... to make sure STARS fails. You've done a wonderful job... no new memberships since you joined.

I like this line

You've done a wonderful job... no new memberships since you joined.
No Joel, YOU have done a wonderful job of keeping people away, you still cant tell people what people are getting for thier money and what the goals of Stars is.

Don't blame me because you don't know what you are doing.

I haven't said anything publiclly about Stars in a long time (except for here over the past few days)

It seems like you are more worried about what I may say about Stars (which are my honest feelings) and are trying to work on shutting me up with a code of conduct then acting like aleader trying to take this orginization ahead.

You are the leader of Stars, start acting like it or get out, it's that simple.

Joels trying to play games now...

Scott G. did you miss the little copyright notice at the bottom of this board?

Quote:
All information contained within this forum is considered confidential to STARS and its members and may not be copied or retransmitted in any way outside of this forum without permission.
Thats not even a valid copyright notice Joel. Sorry.

Come on, tell the truth Jeff. First of all, there is no way to "block" anyone with the program. Secondly, I remove very little. About all I remove is the short "X sucks" posts and only if it's a repeat from the same person. Thirdly, I never ever remove YOUR posts... I just add your IP address to YOUR posts so everyone can see that YOU keep posting with different names/e-mail addresses. Yes, it is true that people can vote for themselves more than once... just as people can vote against them repeatedly, and believe me, more people vote against companies than they vote for themselves.

Jeff, I have really no idea what your beef is with Mike Hollinger and I don't really care. He's not a "friend" of mine so I don't know where that idea comes from either. You seem to spend an awful lot of energy trying to make him look bad when no one else does.

For those that care to see what I'm talking about...

Company/Installer Review Page (DAMco)

Man you are really getting mad now aren't you Joel?? You have been outed for the fraud you really are. I wondered when you would wake up and say something here. No one else is listening to you anywhere else. Your review site is a fraud, it is set up so that the people being reviewed can be vote for themselves, and that is what happens all the time. The reviews are biased and untrue. Heck, there are even good ratings given by people that even admit they never met that person or did any work for them, but they heard someone say nice things about them. As far as my beef with Damco, that is a case for the courts to decide and will not be talked about here, however some people who share my internet access are among the ones whom he has screwed out of money. You sit in your little seat behind a computer and struggle to survive while preaching to others how you can be their saviour and make them rich. You run all your little sites, how many are there now?, where you self proclaim to be the saviour of the satellite installers world and yet you cannot save yourself.

As far as Stars, you started that plan and immediately asked for money up front. There were many questions asked by reasonable people that you and several of your friends chose to be-little instead of answering. And then you spent more time trying to write laws for the group that would keep the ideas of the board even more secret.

And then you wonder why no one joins. Gee, I would surely sign up for nothing in the hopes of getting something. You have shown no indications that you have done anything to try and help the STARS organization other than take money from people. You say that you have not spent any of the money, but yet you secretly hide that. The whole problem from the beggining has been lack of transparency. You want people to join, but you want to keep everything a secret. You ask that people that have already joined to not talk about it in open forums. Why? What are you hiding?

I would guess that most of the people that have already sent money do not publicly say so or admit it because they are embarrased that you took thier money. The very site where you push STARS the most has went from hundreds of posts a day to virtually none. I believe you and STARS were part of that decline. That and the fact that the moderator of that site cancelled an event at the last minute and left people high and dry. People got tired of your crap and lies and decded to go elsewhere.

You are good trying to smear people and send fake emails and put fake emails in your posts and that is fine. I don't care. As long as you are trying to take money from hard working people so you can sit home on your butt, I will be be making sure everyone knows what is going on. When Scott talked about STARS, you trashed him for not being a member. So he joined, and what did you do? You continued to trash him in the other sites and then still not answer his questions.

You seem to be a part of a small group that seems to think that you and no one else knows how to survive in this business. In transmitter news, you and 3 others post 90% of all the posts there. If you want to continue this attempt to trash me, bring it on. I know more about you than your mother, and I will gladly start sharing it. Not in here, because I respect Scott and the other, normal members of this group, but I will do like you and start up a couple dozen web sites and post trash about you all day. In fact that would be fun, and easy for me since I have been successful and have lot's of free time.

Do us all a favor and stay away from here, you stink up the neighborhood. Keep posting in those little sites where no one listens to you except your other buddies.

Scott, I apologize, you ask that no one slam anyone else in this group, but I am really tired of this jerk and his crap. I will say this however, I will promise to no longer slam Joel personally, at least in this forum, but I will spend as much time as needed to make sure the organization known as STARS is scrutinized daily.

As far as you Joel, If you choose to continue to try and slam me, then you are in for one fight you will wish you never started. I was a big dog just relaxing on my porch and you decided to bother me, so I will lay down and relax again, but the next time you decide to wake me up again, I will not go away.

Joel deserves what he gets, he is the leader of Stars and he as the leader is holding it back from moving forward.

In Las Vegas last week I met with about 30 retailers / installers and with them we talked about things including Stars. All of them said the same thing about Stars that we have said above, and a number of folks called it a joke. I was surprised the number of people who said that they cant tell you what Stars is or stands for yet they can tell you how much its costs.

ROFLMAO!! I did NOT send YOU any e-mail! YOU sent ME the e-mails! So you must not have been relaxing too hard. LOL

Joel, that avatar you use describes you perfectly. You want to piss on everyone that doesn't agree with you 100%. LOL

So Scott, you want me to resign. Who would you like to see take my place? Before you answer, be sure it's 1. someone that was elected by the members and 2. someone that is willing to serve.

Joel deserves what he gets, he is the leader of Stars and he as the leader is holding it back from moving forward.

In Las Vegas last week I met with about 30 retailers / installers and with them we talked about things including Stars. All of them said the same thing about Stars that we have said above, and a number of folks called it a joke. I was surprised the number of people who said that they cant tell you what Stars is or stands for yet they can tell you how much its costs.

I was in Vegas too. Great show huh Scott? My dad was in the electronics business for 45 years ad I grew up in it. As a kid we were the first to have pocket radios and color tv and I was always amazed how much the industry has changed. About the time I think that we are as advanced as we can get, something new comes out that just blows me away. That is why I like this site so much, lot's of guys who share their passions with others and help each other.

IS there any one thing you saw at the show you now want? I want the 150" plasma. But damned if I know where to put it.

So Scott, you want me to resign. Who would you like to see take my place? Before you answer, be sure it's 1. someone that was elected by the members and 2. someone that is willing to serve.

I would select Rob Mcclure. Not sure if he wants to serve though. But I like Rob he seems to keep his eye on the ball and also seems to take constructive comments the way they are meant.

No offense Joel but you just can handle the position. While I would hope you would take my comments to heart on how to make Stars better, instead you fly off the edge yelling and screaming going as far as posting the PRIVATE EMAIL someone sent to you. You are not a leader.

Again that my OPINION and I am entitled to that opinion, you might not like it or agree with it, but I am entitled to it.

Sorry Scott, Rob didn't want it either. Something about sitting in front of the fan and getting sh*t thrown at him all day. Next in line, willing to serve, were Doc and Downy.

Sorry Scott, Rob didn't want it either. Something about sitting in front of the fan and getting sh*t thrown at him all day. Next in line, willing to serve, were Doc and Downy.

If anything, the only person to balme for someone having to endure sh*t throwing is you Joel. You started the secrecy and lies from the start. So the real truth is that no one wants to try and fix the sh*t you started.

Well Joel out of those three then you are the best man. ;)

Best advice I can give you is to KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL. I don't know anything about TheChristman or his beef with you and Stars so I can't say anything there.

But I can say that all my comments have always been to help Stars improve. You might not have taken them that way but go and read them again and learn from them make Stars better.

Instead of wasting time trying to figure out ways to shut me up work on moving Stars forward. Take a look at the last 3 months of Stars and what has been done with it. If you are a leader then its time to move ahead with Stars.

Word of advice, I see your trying to work on a site for consumers to learn about Stars, I say at this point don't bother, if you cant tell retailers and tech what Stars is yet then what are you going to tell consumers. Get the retailers all lined up and working together and then worry about the consumers. As I have said before I can greatly help you with the consumer side of things. But you must get retailers and techs working together as a part of Stars before you need to worry about consumers.

A note to Blake, I see you posted your crap here and I have removed it, remember I can see your IP address, keep it up and you will be blocked to the server which will not only block you from here but DishRetailer as well. You have been warned.

I have butted heads with Joel for years.

That said, he has done a great job with STARS.

Shame on you, Scott, for posting so many outright lies

Ok Porkie, name me 3 things that Joel has done for STARS. And not something made up, but something he actually did to advance the organization?

Name one company has approached to see if they could forge an alliance for better prices?

Name one person at Dish or Direct he has contacted to see if the group could work with them to get better rates or more work?

Name anyone in the industry he has actually talked to to see if any of the goals were possible?

The answer to all the above is: NONE

These are all things that require no money to do. Maybe a few phone calls or e-mails. And the time he spends bashing others to save himself is the same time he could be making these contacts.

How would it look if he could actually say some day that he talked to someone in the industry and they were willing to talk or help? Now that would impress me.

If I was president, the first thing I would be doing before asking for money would be contacting Dave at Dish and see what he thinks the group could do as a whole. I would be contacting every distributor about what we could obtain for special pricing, I would contact each and everyone involved in the industry and ask them what the group should do to become a partner with them.

Want me to call? I have all the phone numbers and contacts. I have been in business for over 30 years, I know most of them personally.

All I have heard from Joel since the start has been half truths at the least and complete lies at the most.

Hell, I remember one time when he mentioned in that other site that he had someone who wanted to contribute $100,000 to help start the group and that of course was based on the group getting non profit, charitable organization status from the IRS. Hell for a while he even proclaimed to people it was already done. I know of 5 people who were convinced that they would join and get their dues taken off their taxes.

Way to much has gone wrong and been said to save STARS short of Joel getting out completely. But since no one else wants the job, I guess he stays.

One more question Porkie, have you joined and paid
the dues? Getting screwed hurts doesn't it. Hoping it will be alright and wishing it to be ok, don't make it OK. Just bite the bullet and realize that unless a new leader comes forward, STARS will go no where and your money is gone.

Porkie is Blake.

I would not worry about him nor reply to his posts. It not worth wasting time on him.

Joel is not a bad guy at all, I just dont agree with him on the way some of the things are being run. I believe that a perspective member should know what they are getting before sending their $200 to be a member.

They were telling me when I was asking these question to become a member and then I couold ask these question, so I became a member and started asking the questions. And then they didn't like the questions I was asking and are trying to put in a code of conduct to keep me from asking these questions, that should tell you a lot about Stars. The big question in my mind is what are they trying to hide.

The same person trying to make these rules of conduct is the same person posting peoples private email all over the internet. That right there would make him in violation of his own rules which he is trying to put into place.

I want to see Stars grow and I have volunteered my resources, which are resources no one else can offer, but Joel needs to grab reigns and stear the ship before that will ever happen. My question now is can you do it Joel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts