Is that DP 34 bad ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I have this set up. DP 500 quad LNB and DP dual for 61.5. When I connected the two cable from quad and single cable from 61.6, its not work right. the first 2 cable from quad to DP34 switch to port 1 and 2, and the 61.5 to port 3. Now, after the switch check, it only show port 3 has signal pass, but is for 110 and one side of polarity only. swap the cable only loss all signal.

Is DP 34 is capable to this set up or I done something wrong. Thanks

Well i didnt know if you could use a Quad with a DP 34. but after talking to a friend he said that you have to use 1and 2 or 3 and 4 to the DP 34 and it will work fine. you might try hooking up 3 and 4 then running check switch and see if that works.

The quad has the switch built into it. You cannot run the output of the quad into the DP 34. You could combine the signals with a DP21 switch. You cant cascade a quad(built in switch) with a Dp34 switch. Just the feed from 61.5 is passing thru the 34. Becuz the feed from the quad already combined 110/119. The DP21 will combine(as long as you use a DP dual(or single) 110/119 with 61.5.
-Freya1

Freya1 said:
You cannot run the output of the quad into the DP 34.

I'm running a DP Quad into a DP34 just fine.
A DP Twin works great too.
Both have switches, and both work with a DP34 as per Dish.

Just make sure to use 1/2 or 3/4 on the Quad into the DP34.

DJ Rob. I stand corrected. You are right. I did'nt think you could cascade(stack) the switches together. But I guess you can. Thanks alot for your 10 cents. LOL.
-Freya1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts