Is the Dish CSR lying to me? (RE: OTA Program Guide info)

Tony, ironically, many of us in Dayton no longer get guide data for 45-2 (or 45-1). Some glitch that Dish claims to be aware of and are working on.... But you get the guide data.

I'm pretty sure you've got a 622 receiver, right ? And odds are pretty good you have a dish pointed at 129', which is where Dayton's SD locals are from.

This is so inconsistent that I'm about ready to quit trying to figure it out or understand it.

hall,

Sorry I haven't been in this thread in a while. I get EPG data for 45.2 ONLY from Dayton. I have a Dish 500 for 119°/110° and another for 61.5°. I do not have a Dish at 129° so that is why I cannot see the Dayton OTA EPG and probably why I do not have that channel 45 Glitch.

See ya
Tony

Yeap, that seems to be the case. I found the old uplink report where the virtual channels were added and they come off of 129'. 45.2, which is technically a separate network, MyTV, seemingly comes off of a different satellite (?), and explains why *you* get it.

There's still NO GOOD ANSWER from Dish as to why Dayton customers have lost the guide data for 45.1 and 45.2 though. They claim it's at WRGT's end and can't get their engineers to do anything. I've been told twice that a software update to my receiver is req'd, which contradicts what 'heywire' has been told.

I just added my OTA antenna yesterday and have a couple of odd things going on.

1. I get FOX HD from dish listed as HD XETV 006-00 and the analog listed as the same without the HD. Now the yellow listing says 006-01 XETV and only shows the dreaded "Digital Service"

2. Dish provides my local PBS in SD only listed 015-00 KPBS. Now my antenna brings in 015-001 KPBS that shows different HD programs most of the time and Dish gives this alternate program guide info!!

3. My antenna also brings in 015-002 V-me, a spanish language PBS station and Dish also has this guide info.!!

4. And when I scanned stations the first time I got HD KTLA, over 100 miles (54 signal strength for a time) away and I get its program info!!!!

Q: Why is the FOX station singled out to be omitted in the guide data??

Inquiring minds want to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)