Is the DVR upgrade a good deal

steve617

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
I have a HD 211 reciever and they offered the DVR upgrade for $149 plus I get a $100 rebate. Is that a good deal. I really dont know that much about the DVR's.

Thanks

I have a HD 211 reciever and they offered the DVR upgrade for $149 plus I get a $100 rebate. Is that a good deal. I really dont know that much about the DVR's.

Thanks

Once you begin using a DVR you'll never want to go back. That's a great deal if you ask me.

One thing to point out is that they will probably lock you for another 18 months contract. If you're a person that has to have the latest HD channels and are thinking about switching to Directv, don't do it.

Once you begin using a DVR you'll never want to go back. That's a great deal if you ask me.

One thing to point out is that they will probably lock you for another 18 months contract. If you're a person that has to have the latest HD channels and are thinking about switching to Directv, don't do it.

I agree 100% It is absolutely worth it. The DISH HD/DVR is the best on the market according to CNET.com. Plus, DVR is one of those things where you'll end up wondering how you ever lived without one!

Yes, thats a good deal. It's so easy to use my 4 y old, and 7 y old kids know how to use the DVR. I would try for 3 months of HBO\Cinamax that will get you a good start for your DVR movie collection.

What happens with my 211 do I keep it or will they want it back. I am pretty sure I got it on a lease. I think they said I would get a DVR that would operate 2 TV's. Seems like a good deal. Will have to get a OK by the boss. Thanks for the advice.

What happens with my 211 do I keep it or will they want it back. I am pretty sure I got it on a lease. I think they said I would get a DVR that would operate 2 TV's. Seems like a good deal. Will have to get a OK by the boss. Thanks for the advice.

Come on dude, wear the pants!

I just got off the phone with Dish and this don't make much sense. So maybe someone can explain.

I asked DN about the $99 Christmas special. The DN salesman checked and he said I could get the 622 DVR for $63.
I asked if I would also get the rebate and he said yes. (He did not specify the rebate amount) He was clear that only $63 would be charged. This was going to be for the 622DVR. They are going to install it on the 28th. I figure they would just mail it to me.

I don't know what the last deal you just got Steve is, but I wanted to chime in and remind you that you will also pay each month in order to lease the DVR. So add in ~$5 to your monthly bill as well.

I don't know what the last deal you just got Steve is, but I wanted to chime in and remind you that you will also pay each month in order to lease the DVR. So add in ~$5 to your monthly bill as well.
Should already have the lease receiver fee for the 211 so the price increase would be 5.98 for the DVR fee.

I dont have a home phone anymore. I just use a cell phone. The last person I spoke to said there will be an additional $5.00 charge

The $5.00 is for lack of phone connection. The $5.98 that DDGTomahawk mentioned is for the DVR fee.

You could always connect the DVR to your internet and the $5.00 fee would be waived. This allows the box to phone home via your internect connection.

You could always connect the DVR to your internet and the $5.00 fee would be waived. This allows the box to phone home via your internect connection.

Does it have a ethernet net port

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)