Is the lease fee a one time thing?

RJS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Hazel Green, WI
Charlie says the $299 is to lease a 622. Is that fee a one time thing or do we have to pay that each year? I sure hope it's one time.

doclove said:
I lease a 942 and a 625 with no monthly fees.

I bet on your bill there is a $5.00 Additional Receiver fee for the second receiver, the first would be included in DHA (Digital Home Advantage).

It really doesn't say lease fee on the bill.

doclove said:
I lease a 942 and a 625 with no monthly fees.

Oh yes you do. As BrianMis said, it may not be labeled a "Lease Fee" but there is no way that you are leasing two receivers and not paying a lease fee. The Lease Fee and Additional Receiver fee are identical and interchangeable. You pay one or the other, not both...but you are definitely paying one of them.

Last edited:
RJS said:
Charlie says the $299 is to lease a 622. Is that fee a one time thing or do we have to pay that each year? I sure hope it's one time.

Dish considers the $299 a "lease upgrade fee" it's a fee they charge you to upgrade to new leased equipment. It is a one time fee, if it is the only receiver on your account the monthly fee would be included in your DHA plan. If there is more than one receiver on the account then you would pay $5.00 a month per receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)