Is the MicroHD a resonable replacement for new installs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
It's been some time since the initial announcement of the MicroHD, so I don't remember all the details, but it seems it can be used in place of the current 200c/1100c.

The specification list shows composite vide and 2 audio outputs, but I don't see them on the image of the back of the unit. But with the increasing prevalence of HDMI on new TV's it should be applicable to home use.

My current programming distribution uses s-video, not hdmi. The ability to record to a jump drive and transfer to computer for archive/replay would cover that issue. Live viewing from composite video would work.

Opinions?

Thanks, Bill

Brian has indicated it will be awhile before it is certified for Glorystar. I hope it would be possible - when that happens that there would be a third mode, Advanced with the Glorystar list updates. I could block diagram it, but I am not a programer - firm code the GS prefix to accept the GS files.... Or just select auto download only changes the GS list, leaving anything out of that 'range' alone. Sounds like he is fixing the FW download to not change the channel list. Even allowing us to change FAV lists would be nicer.

The composite RWY outputs are in the (1/8 inch ?) phone plug. Same as my DVD player. These are very nice in a motor home! One new TV has composite but no S video, and the video looks very good. No idea what the resolution is though.
It does also have HDMI and computer SVGA(?).

Thanks, Pop.

Your insights are always helpful.

I think I will order one when I can afford the experiment.

Do you have one yet? Brian had some to distribute to select folks for evaluation.

The large container should be delivered in a few days, tomorrow, I think.

:) Bill

SatelliteAv has pictures of the MIcroHD on their site
Satellite AV, LLC - Satellite Broadcaster Support and Equipment Distribution

You can use composite or HDMI...thats all. There is a spot to hook up a USB drive too (make sure the drive is externally powered)
As of right now I would not consider the Micro a replacement for a Glorystar customer. As noted it only works right now with the advanced/hobbyist mode.

Also the menus are totally different than the 200/1100. Here is my review and a bunch of pictures
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/286849-geosatpro-micro-hd.html

I don't have mine yet. I am praying it will get to me in time to get a set up for a class reunion (Northwest University) built and tested. Rvers, campers, Pastor and ministry leaders.
Since we can use an editor to make channel lists, and if we can password protect lists and some of those things, it may be VERY usable - especially since the clock will be accurate and not "random" controlled. Walking in to a customers location with a USB stick with all the files on it, would not be plug and play but close.

It might be nice to have a desire feature forum for the Glorystar setup - but that MIGHT be limited by content providers ... ?? ... I think FAVs lists that we could set that would not change with channel down loads/updates, but that we would be free to change. <<<<<<<<<EDIT >>>>>>>>>>

Hey, this might be the Thread for that -- the title would be appropriate --Or: What would make the microHD a GS receiver?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)