Is the microHD, Invacom SNH-031 Friendly?

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
I have used "Lyngsat" and "The List" and the receiver's preprogrammed TPs for scanning the TPs list for the Satellites, so far the receiver is only scanning half of TPs or ones that are not even shown on either "Lyngsat" the "The List" or the preprogrammed TPs. The quality signal for most of the TPs is between 65% and 75%.

Have used the Blind Scan-Normal as well as the Blind Scan-Detail with just a few channels being scanned, and have scanned individual edited TPs with not better results. I don't remember having this problem while using the Fortec (FLU) with the Invacom SNH-031. What is the recommended LNBF to use with the mocroHD.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Try setting this lnb at 10600, and turn 22k ON. Then try another scan.

Oh, and if it works, you will have to individually change EVERY KU sat. to match that setting. It's not a global settting.

Building off the advice of primestar31....

The Invacom SNH031 is an Universal type LNBF. You may have activated the microHD using the default Standard type LNB LO of 10750 instead of changing the LNB LO required by your SNH031 LNBF. This would cause the receiver to scan transponders on incorrect frequencies and not scan all frequencies.

The MIcro should work with pretty much any LNB out there.
Standards (10750)
Universals (9750/10600 or 10600 22k ON)
Sadoun Bandstacked (10750/10100)
Other bandstacked (numerous LNB LO's for those)

so yeah it should work with the SNH031

Was able to scan 72W using the 10600 LNB setting. Was having no luck in scanning "PBJ, TUFF, and RTV" at 83W, with LNB setting at 10600, switched to 9750/10600 as Iceberg pointed out, and finally came in with the SNH-031. Also noticed that the TP signal rate changed from the last time this TP was scanned.

Maybe the 9750/10600 frequency combination is much better suited for the microHD/SNH-031 pair.

With all of you guys help, I am learning something new every day. Thank You Verrry much.

If you use the 10600 setup, make sure to turn the 22k to ON otherwise its scanning only the low band (10700-11700)

I use an SNH-031 with my MicroHD that I have on a dedicated dish. I set it to 10600 and 22k ON.

Are you getting all the channels are they spotty. Using the 9750/10600 setting and still missing quite a few of the channels.

Will try the 10600 with the 22k on, maybe I need to play "Tic, Tack, Toe" with both frequencies to make this work.

This is a very interesting hobby.

There is no correlation of Signal Quality readings between the DSR200 and the microHD. Signal Quality readings are not adjusted to a reference standard. We will be tweaking the SQ reading in a future revision so it has more linearity and tied more closely to the BER.

There is no correlation of Signal Quality readings between the DSR200 and the microHD. Signal Quality readings are not adjusted to a reference standard. We will be tweaking the SQ reading in a future revision so it has more linearity and tied more closely to the BER.

I will be looking forward to this.

The MIcro should work with pretty much any LNB out there.
Standards (10750)
Universals (9750/10600 or 10600 22k ON)
Sadoun Bandstacked (10750/10100)
Other bandstacked (numerous LNB LO's for those)

so yeah it should work with the SNH031

well, almost, bandstacked still needs work.