Is the MicroHD still being supported by the company that produced it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
After reading through some of these threads I have to then wonder. By being supported I'm meaning things like future FW upgrades, or has this project been pretty much abandoned like XP was for example after SP3? IOW is the latest FW upgrade all she wrote as far as FW upgrades for this receiver?

After reading through some of these threads I have to then wonder. By being supported I'm meaning things like future FW upgrades, or has this project been pretty much abandoned like XP was for example after SP3? IOW is the latest FW upgrade all she wrote as far as FW upgrades for this receiver?

It sure seems dead, doesn't it? Good thing that it works pretty good as-is with the latest software.

GeoSat still supports their stuff SatelliteAV is still there. If the microHD needs an update, I'm sure it will get it :)

sure hope its being supported..but your right..sure been quiet lately..Hmmm

They are still providing support from what I hear. It's just that Eugene isn't as active on here as Brian has been. Oh, and Brian is still answering posts for these too as he posted a response to a question I had about the Satellite list back a week or so ago.

Well I hope they fix the issue with metv and movies plus the loop issue.
The issue with ME and Movies! was fixed shortly after it was discovered with a firmware update. I with more than 99% of other owners have not looped our units. This would not be a real issue as most of the looped units were do to operation errors and only goes to prove "Nothing is foolproof" Some causes have been identified as fixable and fixed with firmware updates early on. So if you have the latest firmware you should be in great shape.

My dad frequently said that some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope. I never could figure that one out - I though, if you were hung - you were dead. Not so with a new rope. It could stretch 100%! And --- if you were hung and not killed, the law in most areas was that you were free.

Anyway, with all the HD's out there, there are so few complaints, and the support has been so good, that when people have had ANY problem, they let it be known. They will get an answer. It is not like some units that you just give up on if it does not seem right.

I get your point...but I thought that's how progress was made. If we don't complain when something not quite right is found, a product won't improve. If it's 99% perfect, we want to make it 100% perfect. I want a used rope so the job is done right!

I am very happy with my MicroHd and think if you get one you will be happy with it as well. A boot loop can happen even with the latest firmware update but it is easy to fix with the appropriate USB cable. I would not hesitate to replace it with another MicroHD if it stopped working for whatever reason.

Edit: After reading my post it sounds like I am Implying that the thread starter doesn't have a MicroHd, I don't know if you do or not, I'm just giving my thoughts on the receiver to anyone who my be considering one.:)

Last edited:
I am very happy with my MicroHd and think if you get one you will be happy with it as well. A boot loop can happen even with the latest firmware update but it is easy to fix with the appropriate USB cable. I would not hesitate to replace it with another MicroHD if it stopped working for whatever reason.

Edit: After reading my post it sounds like I am Implying that the thread starter doesn't have a MicroHd, I don't know if you do or not, I'm just giving my thoughts on the receiver to anyone who my be considering one.:)

Actually I do have one. The reason I started this thread was because I was curious as to whether or not the MicroHD has evolved as far as it's going to, or if there's still future plans to implement any improvements, as technology progresses? So it's not that I feel at this time it's in any need of FW upgrades, it's more to do with technilogical advances, if any, and if yes, will the MicroHD benefit from this, or has this project pretty much been scrapped, so to speak? One of the main reasons this particulat receiver got my interest in the first place is because I got the impression this receiver might see many technilogical improvements before it was deemed obsolete, yet still usable, sort of like XP as an example. So it's not that I'm complaining about anything in this thread, it's mainly that I'm curious whether there will be any future plans for this receiver improvementwise? Again, not implying it needs improved, yet at the same time, anyone with one of these, I would think should welcome any improvement that might come along.

highskies said:
Actually I do have one. The reason I started this thread was because I was curious as to whether or not the MicroHD has evolved as far as it's going to, or if there's still future plans to implement any improvements, as technology progresses? So it's not that I feel at this time it's in any need of FW upgrades, it's more to do with technilogical advances, if any, and if yes, will the MicroHD benefit from this, or has this project pretty much been scrapped, so to speak? One of the main reasons this particulat receiver got my interest in the first place is because I got the impression this receiver might see many technilogical improvements before it was deemed obsolete, yet still usable, sort of like XP as an example. So it's not that I'm complaining about anything in this thread, it's mainly that I'm curious whether there will be any future plans for this receiver improvementwise? Again, not implying it needs improved, yet at the same time, anyone with one of these, I would think should welcome any improvement that might come along.

What kind of improvements are you looking for? The things that would be cool to me are USB Ethernet support. I know 100% that the MHD is still alive and going strong :)

Imagine being able to connect some "box" and stream those 4:2:2's back to your computer! LOL, well, someone had to say it :) Got to save up for my PC solution hehe

What kind of improvements are you looking for? The things that would be cool to me are USB Ethernet support. I know 100% that the MHD is still alive and going strong :)

Nothing in particular. It's just that I found the thought of purchasing something that evolves over time via technilogical advances, that that would be pretty cool. I'm perfectly happy with the MHD as is, except I can't get USALS to work with my dish. I'm intelligent enough to realize that has nothing to do with FWs or anything like that, otherwise others would be experiencing some of the same issues as well. IOW, since it's an isolated issue, mainly only affecting me, the problem is then somewhere in my setup. But that's not what this thread is about. I'm currently attempting to discuss that particular issue in another thread as we speak. I was mainly curious as to whether the MicroHD might see any more advancements in the future, since after reading some of these threads I got the impression the main guy involved with this STB is no longer involved with it. Plus, the fact one can get FW upgrades via sat, I was thinking this might be an ongoing thing for awhile, as in new FWs every so often. But of course though, since I just purchased mine not too long ago, there may be nothing left to improve at this point.

Wasnt there supposed to be some minor problem with manual pid entry?
Was the bandstacked 13v 18v issue fixed?
i havnt tried any of the new file releases as i had not noticed any of those issues in release notes.
i am aware of the workarounds for these problems, just be nice to have it fixed.
if the issues have been fixed, disregard my whining.

There are lip sync issues, subtitle issues (minor). And that symbol rate of 45000 cyberham gleefully watches -- on another box. Not sure how much is fixable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)