Is the MicroHD still being supported by the company that produced it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ya i was wondering the same thing what ever happen with this the biss and other thing that was talked about

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/298122-BISS-Encryption?highlight=biss

well lets face it seems like senses Brian not around doing that anymore it has seems to have gone down hill with helping with issues i have look around at a lot of posts and there has not been much involvement senses Oct Nov 2013 from SatAV but thats just my 2 cents

Last edited:
From what I've read up on the MicroHD,it only has very minor issues that are almost non issues. The good about it seems to far outweigh these issues. Even without support it seems like it's a real good receiver and I don't really believe support for it is totally gone. Even if it was, so many people on here have them that it's likely that for most problems someone on here would be able to help out.

I'm planning to buy one come spring, support or no, doesn't matter. Good is good, I can deal with the minor issues it has and any other problems with it that I may run into I'm sure someone on here would be willing to help with.

now that it's been 2 months, is there any update about new firmware possibility?

Last I saw, Brian said looking at BISS 1 addition to the microhd in one thread, while adding in another thread "We have included BISS key entry on the GEOSATpro DSR100/200 and DVR1100 receivers."

I've seen uplinkers mention in the last few days on another forum that BISS has been added to the microhd so I thought I'd peruse the various topics here to find out if that is now true or if it is still a potential firmware addition. I don't see any new firmware release since the last one I loaded into the microhd (June 2013), so it appears the uplinkers statements are untrue about the microhd having BISS capability.

now that it's been 2 months, is there any update about new firmware possibility?

Last I saw, Brian said looking at BISS 1 addition to the microhd in one thread, while adding in another thread "We have included BISS key entry on the GEOSATpro DSR100/200 and DVR1100 receivers."

I've seen uplinkers mention in the last few days on another forum that BISS has been added to the microhd so I thought I'd peruse the various topics here to find out if that is now true or if it is still a potential firmware addition. I don't see any new firmware release since the last one I loaded into the microhd (June 2013), so it appears the uplinkers statements are untrue about the microhd having BISS capability.

Perhaps they were talking about the geosatpro HDVR1200 which has biss.

microHD has no BISS support the HDVR1200 does.

I seriously doubt that there will ever be another firmware released for the Micro HD since most all the problems that have been found have been fixed. That and Titanium doesn't work with that group any more. I look for him to release something new on his own in the next year or so since that's something that isn't in his current product lineup.

Perhaps they were talking about the geosatpro HDVR1200 which has biss.

Any word on when a functional channel editor will be available for the 1200? For the last few months, the work around has been to make a favorite list for each sat to keep it from switching sats when you hit the end of the channel list.

Any word on when a functional channel editor will be available for the 1200? For the last few months, the work around has been to make a favorite list for each sat to keep it from switching sats when you hit the end of the channel list.

I doubt it however have you tried the one that's floating around?

I doubt it however have you tried the one that's floating around?

I only use Linux and FreeBSD, so I can't run the stand alone PC version properly. I have been using the 1200 on my fixed dish with only one sat saved (all winter) to avoid the problem. I plan on tracking the arc with my fixed dish soon and was hoping for a FW upgrade as functional as the MicroHD. I will keep waiting.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts