GEOSATpro 'moving dish' on the micro hd when the dish doesn't have to move.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
when I am on a satellite already and then decide to scan the satellite, the dish moving legend comes up. did a little bit of programming in my working life and I think a few bytes of code could compare the present count location and the to be moved location and if they are the same, then don't display the moving dish legend and just do the task. hope that could be considered if there is an update for the firmware on the microhd. chas

Yeah, both my S9s and Micro HDs do this also. As was mentioned up the page, I've just gotten into a habit of hitting the "Exit" button to stop it.

Another thing I'd like to see changed is the channel list layout when you pick a satellite to go to, ie, instead of only one column, make it 3 columns like it is on the later S9 receivers.

Then there's the one where you leave the channel you're watching and try to go look at the TP list for that satellite, the receiver automatically starts moving the dish to the furtherest East satellite position? There is a work around to stop this but it could be fixed in the firmware as the S9s don't do this.

I guess I'll stop now since this is probably moot point! ;)

they claim it's a flaw with the ali processor,altho real old openbox s9 firmware didn't have the problem.

It's not a flaw with the processor but rather with certain versions of the ALI SDK included in the firmware. Receivers which don't rely on an SDK such as the AzBox miniMe American Edition don't have this issue as customized coding can be implemented in order to enhance the user experience.

In our case, we implemented a timer that automatically hides the moving dish message after it finishes moving based on how many degrees the dish has to move with a countdown timer displayed on the screen. This is very convenient as you know how long it will take for the dish to finish moving.

Last edited:
Then there's the one where you leave the channel you're watching and try to go look at the TP list for that satellite, the receiver automatically starts moving the dish to the furtherest East satellite position? There is a work around to stop this but it could be fixed in the firmware as the S9s don't do this. ;)

That's the one that annoys me the most! I've also gotten used to hitting the exit button for the 'moving dish' but my daughter and wife can't seem to remember to do that. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to fix the 'moving dish' issue. Any chance that the source code could be released?

It's not a flaw with the processor but rather with certain versions of the ALI SDK included in the firmware. Receivers which don't rely on an SDK such as the AzBox miniMe American Edition don't have this issue as customized coding can be implemented in order to enhance the user experience.

In our case, we implemented a timer that automatically hides the moving dish message after it finishes moving based on how many degrees the dish has to move with a countdown timer displayed on the screen. This is very convenient as you know how long it will take for the dish to finish moving.

The MicroHD firmware was created with ALI SDK? Is ALI SDK proprietary, or something anyone can obtain and use?

Surge is right it boils down to the version of the SDK. If you got the same SDK, and tried to build on that you would have the same issue. You would have to get a different SDK all together, I would suggest something else other that ALI, if you want to get around this one issue. Your other option would be to write the program from scratch, or go with something other than ALI; of course, in that case you would need a whole different receiver build. :)
Bottom line your stuck with hitting exit on this STB. ;)

The firmware on the MicroHD is encrypted, and you are never going to see a released source code. It was also said here months ago that they considered it a "mature" product, and I took that to mean we aren't going to get any firmware fixes anymore either.

Look how things have gone since Brian sold the company. Very little response to anything anymore.

What gets me is the layout of the menus in the Micro are almost identical to what's in my S9? Yet this simple flaw is NOT in the S9?? :confused:

As far as Satellite AV's support goes, Eugene will answer Emails or phone calls if you have questions. He just doesn't spend much time here so I guess that means he has a "real life" unlike most of us! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts