Is the Superdish the same size as the 1000.4 dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

m3repair

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Niagra Falls
Just a quick question is the Super dish larger then the 1000.4 dish? I don't have a 1000.4 dish and was wondering if they where the same size for western arc ?

FYI: I have a Superdish laying outside by my deck and I measured it and it is approx. 24" -H x 33.5"-W
In comparison, my Dish 1000 w/ 3 DP Dual LNBF's for the 110,119, and 129 birds, that is in use now is approx. 18"-H x 23"-W

1000.4 does not seem to be a whole lot smaller than the SuperDish. It made me wonder if I could somehow put a SuperDish reflector on a 1000.4 I know that the holes do not line up though, would probably have to drill holes to make it work.

1000.4 - Dish Face: 20.8"H x 22.3"W

Superdish (I believe) - 20"H x 36"W

I had to Google the superdish dimensions because they are no longer listed internally

Thanks Matt and everyone else for replying, What I wanted to do was use this dish on the eastern arc but I don't think thats possible, (LNB doesn't have the correct focal point and or mount) If I find a way to make it work all post some pictures, currently all stick with the Hughes-net modified internet dish with Western Arc (much larger in size)

You can use a 500 plus pan and skew bracket with a 1000.4 arm and LNB and make the dish what is called a 1000.5. The signal on western arc screams!! I've done it, sat 119, trnspndr 16 I get a signal of 94. It is sweet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You can use a 500 plus pan and skew bracket with a 1000.4 arm and LNB and make the dish what is called a 1000.5. The signal on western arc screams!! I've done it, sat 119, trnspndr 16 I get a signal of 94. It is sweet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

With my Hughesnet modified dish with DPP500 LNBF 119 gets 91 on TP21, I think thats good enough, peaked and peaked and all I got was 91, I get 92 at night, maybe I should post a picture of this modified dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)