Is the VIP 211K better than a Wally/

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just wanted you all to know I have decided to keep my VIP 211K
BUT
I just purchased a New Wally and New Remote 54.1 from Dish for $59.99 and free shipping.
They gave me and the world a 40% off code when buying a WALLY. Code is "WALLY40"

I only got for the smaller footprint size as you can see I have a short limited shelf below the TV. (See Pic)
The $59 and free shipping for a new one was the deal maker. :)

Attachments

• Living_Room (25).JPG
    Living_Room (25).JPG
    226 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: TheKrell
HI All,
Just wanted to start by saying thank you All in helping answer my questions.
I was offered a deal for a NEW Wally and Remote from DISH for $59 and free shipping. Reg. price $99.
I heard what everyone said but the Wally is a smaller than my 211K and would have had a problem setting it up in the motorhome on the narrow shelf below the TV.
(SEE PIC)
For that price I had to jump at it. Oh if anyone else is interested in getting 40% off using CODE " WALLY40 " at checkout.
Don't know how long it will last.

Attachments

• Living_Room (25).JPG
    Living_Room (25).JPG
    226 KB · Views: 132
HI All,
Just wanted to start by saying thank you All in helping answer my questions.
I was offered a deal for a NEW Wally and Remote from DISH for $59 and free shipping. Reg. price $99.
I heard what everyone said but the Wally is a smaller than my 211K and would have had a problem setting it up in the motorhome on the narrow shelf below the TV.
(SEE PIC)
For that price I had to jump at it. Oh if anyone else is interested in getting 40% off using CODE " WALLY40 " at checkout.
Don't know how long it will last.
The good thing about the Wally is it does use UHF for the remote so you can hide it behind your TV, if there's room

I was offered a deal for a NEW Wally and Remote from DISH for $59 and free shipping.
That is a great deal. I've been poking around in the Dish Store, and it won't offer me a Wally at all, except in combination with a Tailgater. I think this is due to the fact that I have an H3 and can't put a Wally on my current dish setup. An even bigger annoyance is I can't order another Joey either. :crying

Reactions: charlesrshell
I bought it and used code for this site which is for RVers and WALLY40 code still works

That is a great deal. I've been poking around in the Dish Store, and it won't offer me a Wally at all, except in combination with a Tailgater. I think this is due to the fact that I have an H3 and can't put a Wally on my current dish setup. An even bigger annoyance is I can't order another Joey either. :crying

Thanks for that link IggyAZ. Apparently I can check out as guest and get that offer. I make sure by going all the way to the end of the purchase, because I don't feel much like a Tailgater or a DPH42 switch to make one work. But $59 is very tempting. What I'd really like to get is a deal on an owned J3 so I could turn it on and off at will.

Thanks for that link IggyAZ. Apparently I can check out as guest and get that offer. I make sure by going all the way to the end of the purchase, because I don't feel much like a Tailgater or a DPH42 switch to make one work. But $59 is very tempting. What I'd really like to get is a deal on an owned J3 so I could turn it on and off at will.
A DPH42 will not work to make a Tailgater or any other single LNB antenna compatible with a Hopper.

A DPH42 will not work to make a Tailgater or any other single LNB antenna compatible with a Hopper.
That's OK since I don't have a Tailgater. ;) But it should work with my current EA hybrid LNB to allow a Wally on the same antenna. Maybe. I still have my triple LNB 1000.4 if it doesn't. Of course I don't know if it still works after my upgrade tech lost it and it came crashing down into my front lawn and I didn't see it until after it had rained. The LNBs were facing straight up, so it's not clear to me whether rain water got in or not. Or the fall might have damaged it.

Will you be adding the OTA adapter?
I may in the future. But I do have a USB OTA tuner I will try in the Wally to see if it works with the box.
So the question is will other OTA TV Dong Tuners work or did DISH make the box only accept the DISH TV Dong?
Anyone know?

I have a SLING TV USB Tuner on my home setup. SlingTV/AirTV is also owned by DISH so its worth a try when I set it up.
I also may buy the DISH WIFI Adapter to hook up to the local campground wifi network when I'm camping.

Attachments

• airtvhero-100719271-large.jpg
    airtvhero-100719271-large.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 120
I may in the future. But I do have a USB OTA tuner I will try in the Wally to see if it works with the box.
So the question is will other OTA TV Dong Tuners work or did DISH make the box only accept the DISH TV Dong?
Anyone know?

I have a SLING TV USB Tuner on my home setup. SlingTV/AirTV is also owned by DISH so its worth a try when I set it up.
I also may buy the DISH WIFI Adapter to hook up to the local campground wifi network when I'm camping.
That one isn't going to work, you need the AirTV adapter with a tail. Products | AirTV
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.07.29 AM.png

YMMV, but my Wally (with Tailgater in RV) forced re-format of EHD every few days. EHD works fine in my laptop. Dish tech support was not very helpful (reboot the receiver: wow, after decades with Dish/Echostar BUD, never thought of that...). I replaced Wally with my older VIP211z, and no EHD problems since, but I sure miss the UHF remote.

Reactions: TheKrell and IggyAZ
YMMV, but my Wally (with Tailgater in RV) forced re-format of EHD every few days. EHD works fine in my laptop. Dish tech support was not very helpful (reboot the receiver: wow, after decades with Dish/Echostar BUD, never thought of that...). I replaced Wally with my older VIP211z, and no EHD problems since, but I sure miss the UHF remote.
On the Wally had you updated firmware to see if anything was available?
Just thought that may be the issue with the Wally and NOT with your External HD.
Just a thought.

On the Wally had you updated firmware to see if anything was available?
Sure did, and multiple hits/authorizations. What was wierd were messages that the EHD drive "had been used on another account", although it was velcroed to the Wally before and after it was deactivated/reauthorized (sold my RV & deactivated it). Even after I ran "DiskPart" to clear out the MBR, it would format/work fine, then the Wally would tell me I needed to reformat it to use it a few days later. A different EHD gave same results.

To the OP, IMHO, the ViP receiver was easier to aim when using a 1000.2 antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)