Is there a Good STB to receive CBS Network (and other 422) feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You should clarify this post

"Not the only option as you could get miniMe American Edition STB's to replace them which supports mpeg2 4:2:2 as well. The miniME does not support decoding H264 4:2:2"

UDL

Hey Mr. Grammar Nazi, ever hear of replying to a post in context? Cham stated that he currently has an AzBox Ultra which also does not support 4:2:2 chroma subsampling with H.264 channels so the miniMe American Edition is a viable replacement option.

P.S. You forgot a colon after the word post and a period on the sentence you added after the word option.

No harm... These feeds have been listed in most public channel lists for several years... No foul! :)
Always good to be safe with the loose lips, but these are common knowledge and often discussed.

I just upgraded and purchased the new TBS6893 DVBS2 PCIe card. Expecting it to arrive next week. What does the TBS6893 do that no STB can?
VCM, ACM, Multi-Input and Generic Stream Services
Up to 190 Mbit/s channel bit rate capture
Symbol Rate range 200ksps to 45Msps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331345148778
Can the TBS6893 handle the 4k signal found on 61.0w ku and similar ones?

I fully agree with you as the open areas of this forum are heavily indexed by all major Internet search engines. At the very least, this thread's title should be edited in order to remove the offending keywords.
This has been public knowledge for years
Also, I apologize for putting the network names out there like that. It did not occur to me the types of issues that might lead to, and I will try avoid that in the future.
No worries ;)

The TBS6983 uses the very latest ST demod and tuner, its the successor to the stv0900/stv0903. It has to be the best tuner/demod on the market right now, pretty impressive to see TBS the first to market with it. I cant wait to get my hands on one to add better Linux support for it.

UDL

The TBS6983 uses the very latest ST demod and tuner, its the successor to the stv0900/stv0903. It has to be the best tuner/demod on the market right now, pretty impressive to see TBS the first to market with it. I cant wait to get my hands on one to add better Linux support for it.

UDL
Does anyone know if there is a standalone box with the same chips the 6983 uses?

In reality how many more channels would you get on American satellites with one of these PC cards over an AzBox? Are we talking single digits or more than ten?

I dont use STB's so I cant really say for sure. If I were to guess....

always on tp ? maybe 1-5
feeds ? well they are up and down, maybe 10 or so a month cant be tuned by STB's and maybe another 5 can be tuned but cant be decoded with a STB.

I dont really know how good STB's are, there are quite a few anomalies up there, I was pointing one out earlier.

12010 V 11575 on 91W

Im curious how many STB's scan both program's on this tp. And those that dont scan them both in, with manual entry, how many can view both. They send both programs on the same PID, which is allowed, just odd and we rarely ever see it. Its not that a STB *cant* scan these in, I just bet a lot dont. Im told the Amiko does, Im very curious about the Azbox's.

If you want to see quite a few always on tp that no STB can tune look on 91W. Lots of ACM/VCM, 32aspk, generic stream and MIS. Not that its very interesting, no video, just data. But we do see those used for video on feeds sometimes.

I dont believe any STB are able to parse DVB/IP from satellite are there? many people use their PC tuners to catch wildfeeds sent over DVB/IP using IPCleaner.

UDL

PC tuners to catch wildfeeds sent over DVB/IP using IPCleaner.

UDL

You should share more about IPCleaner I don't think many people even know about it. You can download from ricks place. But it would be cool to have how-tos here at satguys :)

I dont really know how good STB's are, there are quite a few anomalies up there, I was pointing one out earlier.

12010 V 11575 on 91W

Im curious how many STB's scan both program's on this tp. And those that dont scan them both in, with manual entry, how many can view both. They send both programs on the same PID, which is allowed, just odd and we rarely ever see it. Its not that a STB *cant* scan these in, I just bet a lot dont. Im told the Amiko does, Im very curious about the Azbox's.

UDL

Can you explain a bit more what you mean? I scan in two channels on the mux, as I am sure most do, are you saying there are other channels (hidden?) on the mux? If so, could you post the PIDs in the WUT area so I, and others, can attempt to get them.

I'm a little confused myself. I've never had an STB that wouldn't find and play both channels (I assume he's talking about "ABC NewsOne Live1" and "ABC NAC CH2", or whatever exactly they're called). The only time I knew there was anything weird about the mux was when the Amiko Alien 2's software was upgraded to stream video over the network, and I couldn't get CH2 to play on a remote device. (And then again on the Amiko A3.) But again, I've always been able to play them on the STB itself, no matter what STB it was.

Is there a difference between the TBS 6925 and the TBS 6983 cards?

They both are dual tuners and pricing was the same on Amazon, was browsing thru there this am..

They were both described as "professional", what ever that means... Maybe they are too expensive for us hobbyists! :)

I know the 6983 is dual tuner and the 6925 I think is single tuner.

No problem scanning and receiving both ABC NewsOne Live1 and ABC NAC CH2 on all AzBox models as far as I know. On the miniMe American Edition, I can even tune and stream either of these two channels to my web browser or VLC player using the receiver's web interface.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)