Is there a guide on how to "Move" with Dish to get Local HD

jetsetter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
I searched through the forums here and couldn't find anything... I live in Tampa (13th largest TV market, but no HD locals on DISh!)...Unfortunately, where I live I can't get any OTA HD channels...

So, my questions:

1. What do I need to tell DISH, when I call to "move"?
  2. How do I find out which city to move to so I can get the HD with my current hardware setup - I have Dish pointed to 119/110 and 61.5...
  3. Can someone point me to a site or a list that has the listings of cities that DISH is beaming locals in HD ? I couldn't find one...
  4. Any other suggestions?
Thanks for your help.

Ekb

Echostar Knowledge Base over at DBSTalk.com shows what stations are available in HD. They also have info on some of the spotbeams for the broadcast of channels on sat. Now tell us why you can't get the OTA channels w/ an out door antenna.

Like Garys said, how can you NOT get local OTA HD :confused:.
I live up in Port Richey and I receive all the local channels including all the available HD. I get about 20 something channels.

I searched through the forums here and couldn't find anything... I live in Tampa (13th largest TV market, but no HD locals on DISh!)...Unfortunately, where I live I can't get any OTA HD channels...

So, my questions:

1. What do I need to tell DISH, when I call to "move"?
  2. How do I find out which city to move to so I can get the HD with my current hardware setup - I have Dish pointed to 119/110 and 61.5...
  3. Can someone point me to a site or a list that has the listings of cities that DISH is beaming locals in HD ? I couldn't find one...
  4. Any other suggestions?
Thanks for your help.

Pick a market off of 61.5. Look on www.dishchannelchart.com to see what markets are on 61.5. Look in the 6300-6400 range.

And buy yourself a zenith silver sensor $30 and get those OTA HD, you are missing out on the best quality HD...........

Miami/Broward have HD locals, West Palm doesn't. Should be on or around the right spot beam.

EDIT: I'm considering this myself, with all the HD show conflicts it would be nice to record 3 HD items at the same time.

Digiblur, I have a question on the channel chart. For Miami locals the TP says "12s1." What does this mean? Is it transponder 12 spotbeam 1? I don't quite understand this. I live just outside of Gainesville and want to know if I could receive Miami locals from here. What tp do I need to check?

Digiblur, I have a question on the channel chart. For Miami locals the TP says "12s1." What does this mean? Is it transponder 12 spotbeam 1? I don't quite understand this. I live just outside of Gainesville and want to know if I could receive Miami locals from here. What tp do I need to check?

Correct. If this is on the 110 slot here's the chart of the coverage areas:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/E10spots/e10spots.pdf

I moved for the ability to record networks, from OTA or sat, so I understand the reasons. It's nice to grab ABC or NBC becasue the OTA tuner is doing CBS. Now I also get FOX HD, which is not broadcast in my area in HD, it's a low power sub stations or some crap. Now if I could just get the CW in HD for Smallville, we would have little to complain about !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)