Is there a limit to number of downloads allowed?

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hello
I tried to download 5 or 6 movies 2 nights ago. I had one active, and 5 others to be downloaded later. The next morning however, I only had 1 movie, and I think it was the last 1 I picked. We can only have 1 DBD out at a time, so perhaps we can only download and rent 1 at a time?

Last night I downloaded 1 movie, and this morning it was missing from My rentals. Any thoughts as to why it would disappear?

thanks

At any one time, I have had 5 or 10 BB@home downloaded movies on my receivers. The one-at-a-time limit refers to physical DVDs/BDs/games.

As for the downloads going missing, that was a bug from the early days which hasn't bitten me in a long time. I sure hope it's not back.

That bug only bit me when I bothered going in BBH and downloading stuff. I don't waste time on it lately, so I haven't seen the bug. :)

At any one time, I have had 5 or 10 BB@home downloaded movies on my receivers. The one-at-a-time limit refers to physical DVDs/BDs/games.

As for the downloads going missing, that was a bug from the early days which hasn't bitten me in a long time. I sure hope it's not back.

Well nuts. I queued up 10 more BB@home movies last night as a test. They are all gone this morning. This loathsome bug is back. 722/L725 IIRC...

Well nuts. I queued up 10 more BB@home movies last night as a test. They are all gone this morning. This loathsome bug is back. 722/L725 IIRC...

Rebooting via DRA didn't help. Oh by the way, I can still see the recordings via DRA; I just can't view them on the receiver. From these symptoms, I have to conclude this is the exact same bug as before. :rant:

Can you try downloading 1 movie at some point during the day and then watch it from start to end, then check the next day to see if that movie is still listed in the My Rentals folder? I'm curious to see if the movie only deletes if it hasn't been viewed all the way through prior to the nightly update/reboot.

I'm pretty sure the disappearing act has nothing to do with viewing or not. But I'll try that as a test. "Tangled Ever After" is a good short to test with.

I'm pretty sure the disappearing act has nothing to do with viewing or not. But I'll try that as a test. "Tangled Ever After" is a good short to test with.

Did the test last night. I watched Tangled Ever After all the way through. Today it joined 10 other rentals in never never land.

I tried it last week with tream (sp) sorry its the HBO show I just figured that's the way the box worked LOL. Anyway did the same thing for me I had to wait for one to finish downloading otherwise I had to reboot my hopper. Actually if you want to know the truth this VOD experience has pissed me off so bad, I had to call comcast and have cable internet installed instead of DSL after 8 years DSL just wasn't fast enough for VOD poor AT&T.:(

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)