Is there a reason....

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
...that makes any sense, why I can't have the HDMI of the Roku going to my Sony Bravia in the den, and modulate the analog output to my daughters' rooms AT THE SAME TIME?? No video comes out of the analog port, unless I disconnect the HDMI from the Sony. Why is it made like that, other than to frustrate people? :rolleyes:

It's the video chipset they use, to keep power usage/requirement down, along with cost. This is done with other devices, Western Digital tv box, for example. I don't know if the microHD will allow it, I don't think the AZbox would. My Dish box will, though and I use the composite to transmit wirelessly to the bed room tv.

It's the video chipset they use, to keep power usage/requirement down, along with cost. This is done with other devices, Western Digital tv box, for example. I don't know if the microHD will allow it, I don't think the AZbox would. My Dish box will, though and I use the composite to transmit wirelessly to the bed room tv.

All the outputs on the Micro are active. I had it hooked to my HDTV via HDMI and a little TV at the same time. Worked fine

I've run simultaneous outputs of ROKU, no issues. Odd. Maybe model-specific issue? Picture size ratio different on standard video if HD is in use, but it still works!

And, no problem with MicroHD doing same.

radio said:
I've run simultaneous outputs of ROKU, no issues. Odd. Maybe model-specific issue? Picture size ratio different on standard video if HD is in use, but it still works!

This one is a Roku 2 XD. Which one do you have Radio?

You probably have an older model. The Roku 2 boxes allow audio on both HDMI and analog at the same time, but analog video is shut off when an HDMI cable is plugged into the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts