Is there a way to play Netflix (from DVD Player) on Hopper and Joeys ?

altr21

Original poster
Apr 4, 2013
Minneapolis
Just had 1 hopper and 2 joeys installed. Is there a way to play Netflix from my DVD player through the Hopper and Joeys. I thought I saw references to using other media if you add a network connection the Joeys. And they have a menu item about "connected" on the Joeys for adding media access with a network connection.

The bridging option for the Hopper provides Internet access to the Joey and the ability to use applications like Facebook, Pandora, etc.. on the Joey. You do not have the ability to connect to your DVD player to access Netflix on the Joey using the MoCA technology. Thanks.

Just had 1 hopper and 2 joeys installed. Is there a way to play Netflix from my DVD player through the Hopper and Joeys. I thought I saw references to using other media if you add a network connection the Joeys. And they have a menu item about "connected" on the Joeys for adding media access with a network connection.

What you are thinking of is the home media. That will allow you to stream content like movies and things saved on your computer.

However. There is a way to do what you want. It's called playon. It's a program that runs on your computer and allows you to do Netflix through your home media part of your hopper and Joey. Check it out might be what you're looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)