Is there an easy way to sort or just remove all those infomercial type channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Whats worst some of these channels that i dont recognize i actually have view before i remove them from my favorite list
As we all know there are so many of them, in the hundreds it seems like
DTV please give us an opt out choice

yep, bring up your guide, hit the yellow button, goto change favorites list, then edit your Custom 1. i remove all the channels we never watch(LOGO/infomercials/SHOPPING/etc..) i also use this as a means to keep some of the "teen" channels off my 6 year old's tv.

Yup, that's what I do also. When your setting up your favorites list, usually if the channel has no logo or just a plain DirecTV logo, it's a crap channel and it deserves the boot. Real channels like AMC, TBS, TNT, Discovery, etc... have logo's.

Then you get to redo all of that everytime there's a software update as it tends to scramble the favorites lists!

I wish there was a way to remove the annoying banners that D inserts into the guide with or without favorites lists.

Then you get to redo all of that everytime there's a software update as it tends to scramble the favorites lists!

I have never had my favorites list changed from a software update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.