Is there any content Dish has that DirecTV doesn't?

Much more than that. Dish has all these that DirecTV doesn't, which is precisely why I just left DirecTV for Dish myself. I've got to have Mad Men and Top Gear.

AMC
BBCA
Centric
Cooking
DIY
E!
Fashion
G4
Gala
Hist Intl
HLN
ID
Lifetime Movie
Logo
Mav
Nat Geo Wild
Shorts
Style
TruTV
TCM
Fox Soccer
Indie Plex
Retro Plex
World Fishing Network
4 additional HBO's
2 additional Cinemax's

Sony Movie (next week)

But DIRECTV has the following in HD where DISH does not:

ESPNEWS
ESPNU
FX (Gone from Dish Now even SD)
National Geographic (Gone from Dish Now even SD)
Disney (East)
ABC Family
SERVERAL Fox Sports Nets (FULL TIME NOT PART TIME) and they can currently see them where we can't due to the dispute.

I have been with both providers. I would really think before swapping from one to another. The reason why I am back with Dish is DIRECTV would not give me free HD for life and lied about getting it for free for 2 years. Now since comming back to Dish I keep losing channels I watch so consider all before going to one or the other. If we keep losing more channels may go back to DIRECTV. It just amazes me that thet can drop channels any time they feel like it but you can't cancel your contract without penality. Somethings got to give!!!! DISH, FOX, & DISNEY fix your dispute!!!! I don't care who is to blame just fix it!!!!

It seems we can see more HD games as NBA league pass subscriber on Directv.
Is that right?
Yes, that's correct. With DirecTV having a contract for MSG and MSG+ HD, combined with full-time HD regional sports networks, you will see more HD games for MLB (including YES HD), NBA, and NHL on DirecTV.

Gimmie a break!:rolleyes:

Maybe its you so called "unwatchable" on dish.
I never watched D* SD and I don't watch Dish SD either. It's obvious to anyone that satellite (D* and Dish) SD looks like youtube, so I don't watch it. It's pointless to argue about since it would be like arguing about whose feces smells the best. My point is, I've seen them all (cable and sat), and they all compress way too much which results in a terrible picture. SD can/should look DVD quality, but it never comes even close. The million dollar question is what model/size TV(s) do you have that can make satellite/cable SD actually look good?

Last edited:
But DIRECTV has the following in HD where DISH does not:

ESPNEWS
ESPNU
FX (Gone from Dish Now even SD)
National Geographic (Gone from Dish Now even SD)
Disney (East)
ABC Family
SERVERAL Fox Sports Nets (FULL TIME NOT PART TIME) and they can currently see them where we can't due to the dispute.

I have been with both providers. I would really think before swapping from one to another. The reason why I am back with Dish is DIRECTV would not give me free HD for life and lied about getting it for free for 2 years. Now since comming back to Dish I keep losing channels I watch so consider all before going to one or the other. If we keep losing more channels may go back to DIRECTV. It just amazes me that thet can drop channels any time they feel like it but you can't cancel your contract without penality. Somethings got to give!!!! DISH, FOX, & DISNEY fix your dispute!!!! I don't care who is to blame just fix it!!!!
You can add MLB Network, Sunday Ticket, and Extra Innings

You can also add that DIRECTV has

Fuel HD
Big Ten HD (without having to buy the sports pack or live in Big Ten country. It's in a base package for everyone!)
Started launching 3D HD
Platinum HD/HD Extra pack is $5 less per month with Directv

... DirecTV also has:

Fox Soccer Plus
GolTV
Smithsonian
NASCAR Hot Pass
4 Showtimes
2 Starz

Smithsonian is the only channel I miss, and I only watched that one maybe once a week. Bottom line is if you're not a sports fan, Dish still has way more HD nationals.

The recent channel losses haven't really affected me personally, but of course I don't like it and don't think I'm getting my money's worth. Whatever is going on with Dish will affect other providers sooner or later, resulting in higher prices or dropped channels for them too. So I hope there's reasonable resolution soon.

I never watched D* SD and I don't watch Dish SD either. It's obvious to anyone that satellite (D* and Dish) SD looks like youtube, so I don't watch it. It's pointless to argue about since it would be like arguing about whose feces smells the best. My point is, I've seen them all (cable and sat), and they all compress way too much which results in a terrible picture. SD can/should look DVD quality, but it never comes even close. The million dollar question is what model/size TV(s) do you have that can make satellite/cable SD actually look good?

My 52" JVC does it just fine.

... DirecTV also has:

Fox Soccer Plus
GolTV
Smithsonian
NASCAR Hot Pass
4 Showtimes
2 Starz

Smithsonian is the only channel I miss, and I only watched that one maybe once a week. Bottom line is if you're not a sports fan, Dish still has way more HD nationals.

The recent channel losses haven't really affected me personally, but of course I don't like it and don't think I'm getting my money's worth. Whatever is going on with Dish will affect other providers sooner or later, resulting in higher prices or dropped channels for them too. So I hope there's reasonable resolution soon.

I hope there is a reasonable solution afteer all too, but we all know after the first of the year we have our regular rate increase and we still will not have any of the following in HD: Disney-East, Disney XD, ESPNEWS, ABC Family
Also still will not have the following in SD or HD: FX, Nat Geo, and your FSN. I don't mind paying a little bit more as long as I get what I was promised, but to raise my bill and be short 7 HD's I had a year ealier is not cool.

Also,

DISH has the Superstation Package, which is why I left Directv in '97. The 5 channels are in yucky SD, but I get my money's worth in viewing. Added Directv back into the mix about 3 years ago and just recently dropped them because of hollow promises about adding national HD channels (listed elsewhere). Picture quality, in my opinion, on a 46" lcd ... HD - can't tell the difference for the most part...sometimes picture appears clearer on DISH, other times the opposite. SD after watching HD just awful, but perhaps DISH overall is clearer. One thing for sure, on at least 30 channels that DISH offers that Directv doesn't...Directv is the HD-Lite leader!

So does my $3000 Sony 52 inch, $1000 47 inch Philips, $500 32 inch Magnavox, $500 26 inch Sony.
Can't SAY SD looks bad on any of them.
The first LCD and HD TV's had some issues with PQ from SD signals, But most of that a thing of the past.
Hmm... D* SD looks horrible on my 60" sony. Dish SD looks a little better (less compression artifacts). Both look ok on my 32" panasonic. At least from the responses, I can see no one has a tv that magically removes compression artifacts or adds sharpness and detail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts