Is there any Directv mag?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
When I had Dish I used to subscribe to a monthly magazine with all the news and programming for the whole month. Is there anything like this for Directv?

Thanks

Sergio

slimoli said:
When I had Dish I used to subscribe to a monthly magazine with all the news and programming for the whole month. Is there anything like this for Directv?

Thanks

Sergio

There is a Directv mag called ondirectv, however you cannot buy it, you can only lease it.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

raymo721 said:
moonman, is directmag's channel listing in the same format as Ondirectv and the new TVguide??---Ray
-----------
Yes, it is very similar..it has more "newsy" stuff about the dish, and of course all
the listings for the month including locals, however I no longer subscribe as the
mag. is on the expensive side(at least for me). I visit the on-line site daily for
a recap of the most important stuff on that day, plus "dishing it out" for hot
news items on D*.

leww37334 said:
There is a Directv mag called ondirectv, however you cannot buy it, you can only lease it.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Do you have to return it after you are done reading it????:D

After years of subscribing to TV Guide, they changed to their new format which I hated and ended up cancelling. Now that I have D* it wouldn't have been much good anyway. Even with TV Guide's weekly guide, there would occasionally be shows that changed last minute and the guide would be wrong.

I recently went to tvguide.com to look up listings for D* and I love it! You can see at a glance new shows and simply scroll down the entire list of channels fast compared to any of the equipment online guides. I think this is how I'll be seeing what's on ahead of time from now on.

It takes more than good looks to be good.

I recently subscribed to Ondirectv magazine and I cancelled after two issues. While it's a very slick looking magazine with some pretty good articles, like the "new" TV Guide" it doesn't have complete overnight listings. Since I do a lot of recording overnight it was useless to me.

If your want a really good listings magazine for DirecTV I suggest "Satellite Direct" which I've been getting for years. It has full 24 hour, easy to read, grids. You can subscribe by going to www.directmagazine.com

I needed two magazines for different rooms and I thought I'd try having two different ones, but now I'm ordering an extra copy of Satellite Direct instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)