Is there any satellite receiver that can control Motorized, Potentiometer feed ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Is there any satellite receiver that can control Motorized, Potentiometer feed ?

Wow, didn't they discontinue those 20 or 30 years ago?

One of the mods to Birdview mounts is to remove the pot and install a magnet wheel and reed switch to monitor dish aiming.

If you are talking about a pot for feedback of the skew, I never heard of that.

Yep beens year and years. To answer the question, no, no modern receiver will directly control one.

:) is there anyway to find one of those old receivers ?

Its POSSIBLE. I asked here on SatGuys and someone had an old CM dish mover that would move my Saginaw with the pot on it. We made a deal, and its still pushing the old dish around two years later. It just depends on how dedicated you are. Its easier just to buy a new actuator and a gbox and be done with it. But I never did things the easy way anyway. :cool:

Its POSSIBLE. I asked here on SatGuys and someone had an old CM dish mover that would move my Saginaw with the pot on it. We made a deal, and its still pushing the old dish around two years later. It just depends on how dedicated you are. Its easier just to buy a new actuator and a gbox and be done with it. But I never did things the easy way anyway. :cool:

If you can find a Gbox, that is. I recently had mine end its long and useful life. After looking and looking I could not find one in the western hemisphere. Even the Vbox was unavailable when I looked, although I think they are still making those

I ended up with a Pansat product that is imperfect, but at least moves my dish. Actually, I don't think they make the Gbox anymore. If they ever do again, I will grab one and keep the Pansat as a backup.

john_robot no offense intended but listing your equipment models in your member signature as well as your location can get you a quicker correct answer to your questions. Anole I think he's talking about the old LNA converter feed types.

do you mean a motor for the feedhorn polarizer? a Pansat 3500 or 9500 will control a digital motorized feedhorn like the Chaparral Corotor

or do you mean an analog actuator feedback system? something like this? http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/259808-Looking-for-an-old-C-band-Standalone-Positioner-Box

john_robot you're located in Sri-Lanka correct?

the General Instrument Model CR70 used a potentiometer in the arm for satellite positioning and used an electronic skew control, another receiver that was similar was the Janeil models, but these were all improved to the better receivers that were used in the 70's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)