Is there any way to order the Preferred Choice package online?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Marcingak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
NJ
I am looking at getting the Filipino TV package along with the Preferred Choice base package. I'm browsing the DirecTV website and they have a Switch & Save Event promotion for the Preferred Choice package for $9.99 a month but when I click on the link it says it's $48.99 a month and there seems to be no way to order it online. Is 48.99 a month the regular price or does that already include the international tv package? I'm really confused. I tried calling the number but everything was in Tagalog and I don't really speak it. My girlfriend is Filipino and I want to surprise her with the FIlipino TV package.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

I suspect since it's a promotional price, you have to call to order.

Reactions: Marcingak
I'm guessing you called a special number targeting native speakers. Perhaps try the regular 800-DIRECTV and ask if they have a department for international packages or such, best to find a CSR rep that is knowledgable on those packages to set you up. If they haven't heard of the Filipino package or the preferred choice ask to be transferred to a supervisor or another department.

Thank you everyone! Going to call them up at their regular number.

So far, so good. The installer came around 12:50 PM on friday. He installed two dishes. One for International and one for regular channels. Took him about 4 hours. The international channels are not offered in HD but they still look pretty good. On the first day there were some problems with the colors going crazy on certain channels. The installer said it might act weird during the first day because it needs to download a lot of info (apps, channel guide info, updates, etc). No issues since then. I love the Genie remote. It's really simple with not too many buttons and I really like the paddle style buttons for changing volume and channels. Also, I can point the remote at the floor, ceiling or at the wall behind me and it will still work. I really like that. On some of my other devices the remotes don't work unless they are pointed straight at it. It's the best remote I've ever used. I wish the Genie box displayed the time on it. One complaint I have is that the channel numbers seem to be all over the place. It's going to take me a long time to remember all the channel numbers for each network. I made a favorite channel list with all the channels I currently receive in my package so that helped a little. I wish AMC was included in the Preferred Choice package but I can live without it. Overall, I'm very pleased but looks like my bill will be kinda expensive after the 12 month promo deal is over.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)