Is there any way...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beebs

Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
i can take my dish off my house and bring it with me to a tailgate in a parking lot? we already have a tv and enough power for the box, my only question is will this work and if so how would i momunt it on my car? TIA

i found this tripod...would this work for the directv sat?

if so, how do i go about disconnecting the wires from the dish?

Look online - ebay, etc - a round dish is CHEAP! This way you don't have to disconnect the dish. I have a 3LNB on the house, and a single LNB I use when traveling.

beebs said:
i found this tripod...would this work for the directv sat?
This is the very tripod that I use when we can't get a clear shot of the satellite with the dish mounted on the motorhome. FWIW, I agree with fkostyn, go to e-bay and buy another single lnb dish to take with you. It's a lot easier to aim, you won't have to take the existing dish down (or replace and re-aim), and you'll have a spare if you ever need it.

You all would laugh if you saw my "traveling" setup. Its a round 18" dish (with some dents in it) 100 ft of RG59 cable (its light and thin) and a old camera tripod with the top head hacked off and a piece of wood to allow the dish to snug to the tripod, but, hey, it works like a champ!!!! (even stayed up through a denver snow storm last winter while I was visiting the in-laws (who don't even have cable)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)