Is there anything wrong with my new installation?

resolution settings

Yes, it is right. Also I have second complain that with my old 622 my Sony 46" I had better picture quality in HD than I have now on the same Sony with 722K.

And about locals in SD or HD. My daughter is going to school and she is working 35 hours. It's means that she can have like 70 hours of local recording just in few days when she studies for the test and did not watch her TV. My son is starting his own life but he keeps his show recording on his old TV as he did not have anything on his own yet. So it can add up really quickly. This way they both need to use SD recording not HD.

The quality picture was the same bad even before second tech add dish for 119, so this is not problem with second dish. It can be cabling or splitters problem or something which I did not even know about.

I really appreciate everybody's help.

Did you check the resolution settings (menu 6- 8)?

Yes, I did change settings to 1080 16x9 on the first day. Life from Discovery chanel looks not that good as Planet Earth on my old Sony. It is like colorless copy.

Your still missing the point, those SD local channels are on the 61.5 and adding the 119 dish back was not necessary to get the SD locals so basically you have two dishes delivering the same SD locals.

i think that most of DN regular programming is on the 119
some is on the 110 & some hd on the 110 also

With the exception of a couple of DMAs in HD, 119 has only MPEG2 SD programming, so don't expect very good quality from any of those channels.

All HD is on 110 and 61.5, except for the 9 new HD channels that are on 72.7.

Today we miss our satellites connection and now we are waiting for new tech who is going somehow to fix all problems at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)