Is there information on the exede, prices up/download speeds, caps etc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
I have a customer inquiring about the excede, prices for one, up/download speeds, caps etc. Also, is the setup require a new Dish?

Adam

grohgreg said:
What is it you'd like to know that hasn't already been stated on their website for most of this year?

//greg//

How about that if you go through dish network to get EXEDE then you get 10gb bandwidth in the lowest teir vs 7.5gb bandwidth with other providers.

There are 2 speeds depending on where you live, Exede12 ( 12mbps ) for everyone from about mid-texas and east, and Exede5 ( 5mbps ) for the rest.

3 packages through dish network. 10gb for 49.99, 15gb for 79.99, and 25gb for 129.99. There is also an equipment lease fee of 10.00 a month, unless you purchase equipment.

grohgreg said:
Ok. But I'm still wondering why this is a surprise. Yes, what they offer for the money sucks, but they've been up front about what they offer for how much money - from the git go. So why is that all of a sudden a problem now?

//greg//

Don't quote me when you're talking about someone else's post. You asked what information there was that wasn't on their site, and I gave you that information first thing. What part of my post suggests I think there is any problem? I was simply giving the OP the information he asked for. Take your whinning about peoples posts elsewhere.

You asked what information there was that wasn't on their site, and I gave you that information first thing.
I'll concede there's no Dish Network link on the Exede site, and for that oversight I apologize. But have you actually tried to find Exede 12/5 on the Dish Network website?

So. Since you opened this can, yes. There is a relationship between Exede and Dish Network. It's actually an extension of their association with Wildblue. But it involves bundling. The extra 2.5GB of throughput on one of 3 plans - is bait. The hook is that one must bundle TV service with Internet service. And - it involves participating dealers/installers. You just can't walk into any storefront displaying a Dish Network sign and expect to get Exede. If the OP has DishTV, he can in fact get Exede installed and added to his monthly bill. But as you state, the extra 2.5GB applies only to the lowest tier plan. Dish "generosity" doesn't extend to the other two plans. Anyway. If he doesn't have or doesn't want DISH Network - or if he is outside of a DISH Network area - he must go through ViaSat to get Exede.

//greg//

Store fronts displaying a dish network logo are retailers, they are not dish network. And you are correct, most of them do not know the first thing about Excede. The ones that do, tend to try to make an in-house sell, which the customer wouldn't get the extra bandwidth in this case. What most people don't understand, is the flyers they get in the mail are not from dish but these retailers. I so often get asked, how do I get my gift card, or how do I get this that I was promised. And I have to inform them that they went through a retailer and have to contact them for these things. Unless you call 1-800-333-3474 then you are unlikely to talk to a CSR that works for dish.

They may not give you extra bandwidth in the higher packages, but who else gives it in the lowest? The package that most customers get. Infact I have yet to do an excede install for anyone with the second and third tries.

One of the first installs I did for excede was a customer who had direct for TV and wildblue through wildblue. He told me he went with dish for excede because of the 10gb vs 7.5gb. My workorder said he was getting 10gb for 49.99 and he did not have TV service with dish.

grohgreg said:
What is it you'd like to know that hasn't already been stated on their website for most of this year?

//greg//

So, all in all, there has been quite a bit of information posted here that is not on EXEDE or dish networks website.

That's a stretch. What we've actually added is that some customers in some locations under some conditions can get 2.5GB more data on one of three Exede plans if they bundle it with DishTV. I wouldn't exactly call that a universal truth when it comes to explaining Exede.

//greg//

sperry85 said:
One of the first installs I did for excede was a customer who had direct for TV and wildblue through wildblue. He told me he went with dish for excede because of the 10gb vs 7.5gb. My workorder said he was getting 10gb for 49.99 and he did not have TV service with dish.

You don't have to have TV service to get EXEDE through dish. And dish does not offer 7.5gb only 10gb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)