Is this a good deal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Hello,

I am wanting to get back into C-Band and FTA. There is a dealer that has offered me a 7.5' SAMI and a 18'' Venture actuator arm for $200.00. He says that the dish is like new except for needing to be washed. I was just wondering if that sounded like a good deal.

No.
I was going to be wishy-washy on the question, discussing both sides.
But, look at mjac's offer.
If he's not close enough, look for one which is.
You can harvest a similar dish in the wild for next to nothing.
And you can probably take the pole home, too.
Might even get a scalar and an obsolete feed & LNB with it. - :up

The only way it would qualify as a "good deal" is if you HAD to buy a new dish, or get nothing. Then, it's a good deal. It also might be a good deal if he sunk a pole and installed it for you for $200 . :)

Hello,

I am wanting to get back into C-Band and FTA. There is a dealer that has offered me a 7.5' SAMI and a 18'' Venture actuator arm for $200.00. He says that the dish is like new except for needing to be washed. I was just wondering if that sounded like a good deal.

if the actuator is new... its worth around $70- $75...

and why would a mesh dish need to be washed??? :confused:

If you wanting to get back into C-Band and FTA, at this day and age $200 for a SAMI 7.5 C-Band dish and a 18'' Venture actuator is a very good deal. Good satellite dishes that are made in the USA are getting very very hard to find.

if the actuator is new... its worth around $70- $75...

and why would a mesh dish need to be washed??? :confused:

Well, it would need to be washed because I am a neat freak :) He said that it had been outside, just a little dirty. He said that it was about 3 or 4 years old. He used to have it set up at his dealership before he moved to a new location, and just took it down and sit it behind his shop. He said that it would look like the new ones that he can order if it was washed and cleaned up. He said that the new ones from SAMI were about $840 or so for the same dish and mount.

I would like to thank everyone here for their help and suggestions. When I get my dish and get it on the pole, I am sure that I will have a lot of questions to bother everyone here with. I hope that you all will not mind sharing your knowledge. I have a Birdog meter coming that I got off of E-Bay at a pretty good price, I hope that it will help me when I get started on the install. Thanks again for all of your suggestions. I appreciate your input.

SAMI 7.5 dishes are running about $900 now that's with out shipping , LNBF and actuator arm.

I agree with Yankee, I bought a 7.5 Perfect 10 for $100 with an 18" actuator. I took it home & washed the turd off & painted it John Deere green...I kept it for a while & gave it to my cousin.

When I go up there to get it I will see if I can bargain with him. Like you say, people are not knocking the door down to get these things. I am going to buy my receiver from him too, so maybe we can make some kind of cash package deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts