is this a good starter system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Link to system?

Alright, that's 2 people now with that weird sig. Where you guys getting it from?

Ah, well if that the system the it's basically what I started with, minus the Invacom.
Price seems a bit high IMO.

I think our sponsors or Sadoun Satellite Sales can get you a better price, with a receiver.

Fortec (a sponsor here) makes good receivers with high performance and quality. I recommend the S-1 system for you. It is an excellent start-up system with excellent capabilities (Blind Search, easy Menu, good user interface, favorite lits, etc)

for most of the channels yeah. I use one on the opposite border (Minnesota) and it works pretty well :)

What c band and fta can be received in Fort Worth TX with MC-2 setup
You won't get much C-band, if any, with a 31' dish. You would also need a C-band lnbf.

Al

Ooops.... Sorry, I was looking at the M-2 package, now I see it's the MC-2 package with a 6' dish. My mistake!

Last edited:
it will work with some of the 4DTV stuff but in some cases you have to be balls on for a signal. Alot of the movie channels have a FEC of 7/8 which the 6 foot dish barely can keep stable. But I have used it and have seen respectable results on the free C-band stuff (and it allowed me to download the maps) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)