is this correct?

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i just upgraded to the digital combo plus this morning. now, my little computer icon is saying my internet connection is 100mbps. before, the upgrade it was 10mpbs.

has something gone haywirer? i know i read last week that brighthouse has upped their speed for digital cable customers. but i didn't think it was that fast!!

iceturkee said:
i just upgraded to the digital combo plus this morning. now, my little computer icon is saying my internet connection is 100mbps. before, the upgrade it was 10mpbs.

has something gone haywirer? i know i read last week that brighthouse has upped their speed for digital cable customers. but i didn't think it was that fast!!

You are seen the speed of your NIC.

What happend here, is your old cable modem only had a 10mb ethernet connection... Your new MTA/Cable modem has a 100mb ethernet connection....
Your speed was actually increased by 15k (upload) to allow for the use of the telephone service. However, you will not ever be able to utilze that extra 15k, cause its partitioned for phone service only.

By doing the upgrade, what you basicly did was increase the speed between your mta/cable modem and computer. Thats it. Nothing more.

If you do want a speed increase, you can contact them and ask them their price on the differnt packages. My area supports 10meg up and 15meg down. However, you really dont wanna know what their charging for that...

Khandurian....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)