Is this fight good for hockey?

Is the Buffalo and Ottawa fight good for hockey?

• Yes

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
I hate hockey, but i loved the fight, i think that fights are the key to hockey to star with the more fights the more air time they get on espn

Hockey needs something because it is so boring.

Expansion, free agency, and realignment killed the sport. The rivalries are gone and the players are unkowns.

They change uniforms all the time and while it is a decent marketing strategy to force people to buy new jerseys, if its done too often it ends up confusing fans.

Expansion, free agency, and realignment killed the sport. The rivalries are gone and the players are unkowns.

They change uniforms all the time and while it is a decent marketing strategy to force people to buy new jerseys, if its done too often it ends up confusing fans.

Gee... sounds like the NFL !!

I can't stand fighting in the college game, but I love to see an occasional fisticuffs, melee, or good ole fashioned bench clearing brawl in the NHL. This is just another fine example of how Gary Bettman has damaged the sport of hockey and North America's favorite pastime.

Hockey needs something because it is so boring.

I do believe there are 2 many teams, plus there are teams in places that doesn't need teams.

I would move New Jersey, the Florida teams 1 New York team plus get rid of Nashville Atlanta and Columbus.

Quebec, Winnipeg and Cleveland should have teams.

I can't stand fighting in the college game, but I love to see an occasional fisticuffs, melee, or good ole fashioned bench clearing brawl in the NHL. This is just another fine example of how Gary Bettman has damaged the sport of hockey and North America's favorite pastime.

I liked the rare occasion of the goalies fighting.:D

I do believe there are 2 many teams, plus there are teams in places that doesn't need teams.

I would move New Jersey, the Florida teams 1 New York team plus get rid of Nashville Atlanta and Columbus.

Quebec, Winnipeg and Cleveland should have teams.

Get rid of Columbus and give a team to Cleveland? Yah that makes a lot of sense. The Blue Jackets still draw a pretty good crowd compared to many of the NHL teams. They currently average 16,716 per game, just about 2,000 from a sell out. There are many teams a lot worse off than this.

Gee... sounds like the NFL !!

Maybe it makes a difference if the team in your city stinks.

NFL wise I love the rivalries that form every year. In the 90's you had GB SF and Dallas fighting it out every year.

Now we have Pitt, NE, Indy banging heads.

I agree with you that realignment was just bad. I liked the three divisions. I liked knowing who the teams were in each division. I dont like it now. I dont even know the name of the divison the Pats play in.

In Boston the NHL has has been ignored for years becasue of poor ownership and crappy teams. When Bourque left so did the Bruins identity.

i just remember growing up watching the Sabres, Canadiens, Nordiques, Bruins, and Whalers battle all the time. You knew the players on all teams and you hated all of them. I cant tell you who plays on any team. Im not even sure where Joe Thornton went!

I voted yes in the poll. ANY team that thinks taking out the captain is gonna fly, is high. I was VERY surprised to see the goaltenders go and even more surprised to see a non-goalie fight a goalie as we all know that could get you killed in any level of hockey.

Considering what Drury has meant to the sabers this season, I am not at all surprised and I think there will be more fights to come between the clubs.

Get rid of Columbus and give a team to Cleveland? Yah that makes a lot of sense. The Blue Jackets still draw a pretty good crowd compared to many of the NHL teams. They currently average 16,716 per game, just about 2,000 from a sell out. There are many teams a lot worse off than this.

Columbus is possibly the smallest American market in the NHL. I think more fans nationally would like Cleavland better than Columbus.

i just remember growing up watching the Sabres, Canadiens, Nordiques, Bruins, and Whalers battle all the time. You knew the players on all teams and you hated all of them. I cant tell you who plays on any team. Im not even sure where Joe Thornton went!

One of the fondest memories I have is when Ulf Samuelson puts Cam Neely out of the playoffs, that was good hockey.:D

Columbus is possibly the smallest American market in the NHL. I think more fans nationally would like Cleavland better than Columbus.

Why because they already have other professional teams. If that is the case why not Cinci? Columbus is in the top 20 citys in the country so there is no reason they could not or should not house a professional team.

I voted yes in the poll. ANY team that thinks taking out the captain is gonna fly, is high. I was VERY surprised to see the goaltenders go and even more surprised to see a non-goalie fight a goalie as we all know that could get you killed in any level of hockey.

Considering what Drury has meant to the sabers this season, I am not at all surprised and I think there will be more fights to come between the clubs.

In all honesty, if the coach had been paying attention, the captian would NOT have been out there at that time, it was very obvious what was about to happen.

I think they only meet one more time this season.

Jimbo

I doubt it,
Cleveland had thier chance and NO ONE showed up.
At least Columbus IS supporting thier team, even in the previous few years when they were not very good.

I too am glad to see them getting better :)

Jimbo

Why because they already have other professional teams. If that is the case why not Cinci? Columbus is in the top 20 citys in the country so there is no reason they could not or should not house a professional team.

IMO Columbus is not a town deserving a major league hockey team, just like Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami or New Jersey.

It doesn't matter where they move these teams they should just move them or get rid of them.

IMO Columbus is not a town deserving a major league hockey team, just like Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Miami or New Jersey.

It doesn't matter where they move these teams they should just move them or get rid of them.

Those teams are just as disserving as 3/4 of the NHL. If the areas can support the teams there is no reason to get rid of anybody. If you want to take away some teams, get rid of the ones that cant manage themselves and are still losing money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)