Is this legit? (Sam's club/Directv)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DinoDaddy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2014
I was in Sam's Club earlier today and was approached by a Directv rep. I told her I didn't currently have cable or satellite, but had in the past. Before she started her pitch, I told her I knew I would get a great price the first year, but would get killed by the third year after all the discounts went away and having to pay a $25 monthly advanced receiver fee. To my surprise, she said no I wouldn't and that she would guarantee the package price would NEVER go up. She offered me a Genie and mini Genie and I told her I would be most interested in the Choice package. This is how she figured it:

$67 Choice package
$15 Genie fee
$6 additional Genie
$88 total per month

She even offered a discounted price for the first year of $51/mo.

I asked about what happens when they raise package prices every year in January, but she insisted the price wouldn't go up! I said twenty years from now, you mean my bill will still be $88 per month? She said YES! She even said it would be in writing. Told me the only way my bill would go up is if I added another TV to the service or moved up to a higher package.

I was ready to call BS on it, but told her I'd think about it. After getting home and searching online, I found that Smart Circle sells and installs Directv through Sam's Club. From what I've read, they don't have too good a reputation in either area.

Just wondering what you guys thought. It sounds too good to be true, I've never heard of a lifetime price guarantee. Anybody else heard of this? Is this something I should go back and take advantage of? Would be one helluva deal if it's legit.

Any input is appreciated.

You sales rep is doing her best to pull you in ...
Your bill goes up once a year regardless, it will NOT Stay at $51, it's true the first year will be $51 and the second would be $67, thats for the programming or everything ?

$51 for the first year, $88 the second year and beyond for everything. According to her, if I still have it 20 years from now it will still be $88/month unless I add a TV or move up to a higher package. She was even throwing in a $200 gift card for Sam's/Walmart.

$51 for the first year, $88 the second year and beyond for everything. According to her, if I still have it 20 years from now it will still be $88/month unless I add a TV or move up to a higher package. She was even throwing in a $200 gift card for Sam's/Walmart.
The part about it never going up over the years is BS.

Your bill will typicaly go up a few dollars each year.

Her pants should have been in flames. She was lying, worse than most.

I have heard the one in the Sam's I shop in tell people there is no contract at all. He literally chases old ladies down aisles yelling "I just want to ask you a question". They will tell people anything to get their commission from whatever rip off 3rd party has the Sam's contract.

And as i found out the hard way most promotions end after 3 months.not one year.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I figured it was BS. I think these types of sales tactics is what puts people off about Directv and Dish, people fall for these and after a year or two they get sticker shock when they open their bill. This needs to be reported to somebody, but who? This is just outright fraud and deception, but I doubt Directv really cares, as long as they add new customers.

The sales scum that work at places like Sam's or Costco don't work for Directv.

I wouldn't call, them SCUM, just because the person he talked with doesn't know whats going on, DOESN'T mean they all are in the same boat.

I have helped plenty of them locally when they have questions.
Also, theres many other places besides Costco and Sams that these people work.

They are a 3rd party company and really should offer them more info than they get, but maybe D* doesn't give them the help.... that doesn't make exaggerating thier offers right .... however to blanket all of them would be a poor choice.

I've talked to some good ones, my comment was directed at the ones that would and do say anything to close a sale.

I love talking to those guys... they act like the know so much and then I take out my business card and of course its always well that what we were told to says comments. :D

I love talking to those guys... they act like the know so much and then I take out my business card and of course its always well that what we were told to says comments. :D
I have fun with them... They always ask how much I pay.... and when I really tell them how much I pay and why, they are like why did I waste my time with you! I intentionally ask them the hardball questions. Simply put I dont have a cable bill and I get everything! LOL

I know right! I do F&I for a car dealership and do the same to some of my potential customers. After my credit discussions they tell me that can get a better price at this dealership or a better apr with some other lending institution. I tell them they better jump at it then... and ask them why their wasting their time and mine talking to me.
These people are trying to make a living. If they offer something that too good to be true then it probably is. Just walk away.....

I kinda like messing with them too, to call them on their BS, that's why I talked to her when she approached, but I was so stunned by what she was offering, I didn't know what to say. She told me the lifetime price guarantee would be in writing, I should have asked her to show me where it would say that. I was in Costco a while back and was approached by a Directv rep in training. He gave me the speech about what a great deal he could offer, how much money I would save, etc. I asked him to show me how much I would be paying in the third year after all the discounts and promos went away, and to my surprise he wrote it down and showed me, the bill more than doubled. I politely told him that was more than I was looking to spend and went on my way. I don't know if he got dressed down by his trainer for being honest, but in subsequent trips I've never seen him again.

I kinda like messing with them too, to call them on their BS, that's why I talked to her when she approached, but I was so stunned by what she was offering, I didn't know what to say. She told me the lifetime price guarantee would be in writing, I should have asked her to show me where it would say that. I was in Costco a while back and was approached by a Directv rep in training. He gave me the speech about what a great deal he could offer, how much money I would save, etc. I asked him to show me how much I would be paying in the third year after all the discounts and promos went away, and to my surprise he wrote it down and showed me, the bill more than doubled. I politely told him that was more than I was looking to spend and went on my way. I don't know if he got dressed down by his trainer for being honest, but in subsequent trips I've never seen him again.
Surprisingly, they DO have a third year deal now as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)