Is this package worth it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
Just wondering if this is a good deal. I'm thinking about going with it. It's a package deal.

Thanks
Screenshot_20170118-214441.png

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

It seems the dish posted is about the only new consumer grade dish available, unless you find new old stock somewhere.

With many unused, high quality dishes in the wild - I'd try craigslist, asking friends & neighbors and driving around town & countryside on a search before committing $1,000.

You can see a few people here and on other forms have had issues with putting these together. Some people have had The Misfortune of getting the wrong size arms. I've also seen where the back assembly broken somebody in strong wind.

Reactions: Jason S
It's a low grade dish. I'm the one that had to Frankenstein a new mount as the one that came with it disintegrated during the winter with 30 mph winds. Originally, Bolts / Holes didn't align. I think you are better off going on a Sunday drive searching for used dishes that aren't being used. The quality will be better, and it will be cheaper.

• I think the mount is the same size for the 8/10/12 foot.
  • Pivot arm is weak.
  • Mount cap is weak.
  • They sent me the wrong mount, and then said, "oh, didn't know you were so far north". Yet, they had the address they shipped it too! I had to make cuts to allow the dish to reach the angle it needed for my region.

Reactions: calmeidajr
There is a guy out of florida that sells dishes, but they are more then this. I think if i recall properly i called him and he had 2 variants of a 10' dish. One was $1200, and the other was $1600. I cant remember what the shipping rates were but if i were to buy a new dish and i was going to spend the money i would certainly look at at least a 12' dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts