Is This Possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Happy Holidays to all! :)
I searched the forum for this:

One receiver (say, CS 8000HD)
Two dish, both with SG2100 HH motors, one with C Band dual polarity LNB (17 degrees) the other standard Ku LNB. One dish is 1.2 Meter Primestar, the other 1.0 Meter CM.
DiSEqC 4*1 Switch
4X4 multiswitch

Is it possible to run both dishes (and their SG2100 HH) from one receiver, with one dish for C Band FTA channels and the other dish for Ku Band FTA channels?
I thought of this: on the receiver setup. Port 1 for the dish for C Band and Port 4 for the dish with Ku channels. (DiSEqC switch)
Forgive me if this topic has been talked about on this forum. I am hoping someone is doing this using this setup.

Should work just fine. Each satellite should be set-up to point to their perspective motor and dish. So, I don't see any conflict. But, I haven't tried it with 2 motors. However I use an actuator driven C-Band dish with a dual C-Band feedhorn, along with multi-switches envolving a T90 with 10 twin lnbf's and a P* with it's original twin lnbf and a 90cm with 2 twin lnbf's, all through the multi-switches and an 8x1 uncommitted diseqc switch. It all works great.
I'm sure your description will work just fine....!

Thanks Voomvoom!
I don't see how that would fail, but wanted to be sure before I goofed and be kissing the receiver bye-bye.
Anyone else? Any ideas will be considered.

Voomvoom, I wouldn't really be needing the 4X4 multiswitch? Just have the C Band RG-6 cable to one port, and the Ku in the other port on the DiSeQc switch?

I wasn't suggesting to get a multi-switch, the multi-switch just enables the use of more lnbf's for my purposes. I am using a diseqc switch and the proper voltage goes where it's supposed to, so it all works like it's supposed to.
You could use a diseqc switch (4x1 or 2x1 or even an 8x1), or you could use a 22KHz switch and get the results you're looking for.

And you could use a multi-switch, but you would then need dual lnb's to get the most out of it.....?

I wasn't suggesting to get a multi-switch, the multi-switch just enables the use of more lnbf's for my purposes. I am using a diseqc switch and the proper voltage goes where it's supposed to, so it all works like it's supposed to.
You could use a diseqc switch (4x1 or 2x1 or even an 8x1), or you could use a 22KHz switch and get the results you're looking for.

And you could use a multi-switch, but you would then need dual lnb's to get the most out of it.....?

I think I will leave out the multiswitch.
Thanks, Voomvoom!

scrap the diseqc switch and use a ecoda 22k switch and it will work fine

putting diseqc switches between receivers & motors doesnt work real well and can do some damage to the switch or possibly more.

Ecoda 22k switches (they're some magical buggers) will work just fine

set up would be

C-Band motor------ecoda 22k side-----------receiver
KU Band motor-----ecoda 0k side

Gold sponsor carries Ecoda 22khz

After us begging Sadoun and SatelliteAV to carry 'em a year ago, SatAV recently did start stocking them.
- And without even saying anything. - :cool:
They also carry some traditional multi-switches and diseqc switches as well.
(The kinds of things called for in the Switches Simplified FAQ)

Sadoun also carries multi- and diseqc switches, but since they have a broader product line, may be a little harder to locate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts