Is this still a good HDTV or do I need to upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The St30 is a damn nice display at its price. I think you'll notice a big jump in blacks, and if you use it, starting last year Panasonic added motion interpolation.

I have the 65" GT30, and the only real difference other than styling is the THX mode it has. Of course view angles are good on the LG and Panny IPS LCD panels, but plasma is king there. The GT is the best set Ive owned, period, and a lot of that is due to good video processing and awesome blacks.

I also say that the GT is the best set that I have ever had as well.
I have talked two family members and my best friend into going with Panny plasmas, and all three went with the ST-30. They are more than pleased. Fantastic set.

Edit: Not saying the set you have is not good. I have not seen it. Just pointing out that the panny is great.

To me, the ST30 styling was an issue, GT30 looks real real nice. Performance wise, if you dont care much or are hiring a calibrator, the St is a better deal. GT's THX mode is great if you dont want to hire a calibrator.

ST50 this year looks to be awesome as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)