Is Voom hacked?

Coyote88

Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Hey everyone...new to the site...did some reading, just wondering if voom is hacked yet or have I missed a thread??

I also do not understand the question,so I will Translate it into different languages to figure out the question,we will see if that helps.

"Hey everyone...new to the site...did some reading, just wondering if voom is hacked yet or have I missed a thread??"

Translation-
in Redneck-Hey ev'ryone...noo t'th' site...did some readin', jest wonnerin' eff'n voom is hacked yet o' haf ah missed a thread??

Jive:Hey Jollyman everyone...new t'de site...dun did some eyeballin', plum wonderin' if voom be hacked yet o' gots ah' missed some dread??

Cockney:Oi evry geezer...new ter the chuffin' site...did some readin', just wonderin' if voom is 'acked yet or 'ave I missed a fread??

Elmer Fudd:Hey evewyone...new to the site...did some weading, just wondewing if voom is hacked yet ow have I missed a thwead??

Swedish Chief:Hey iferyune-a...noo tu zee seete-a...deed sume-a reedeeng, joost vundereeng iff fuum is hecked yet oor hefe-a I meessed a threed??

I don't thick he means "hacked" that way.Some type of slang.

And inna Rasta stylee

Big up Voom satellite massive, mi neva seen such a website, so much fi da eyes to see, mi cyan help but wunda iffa Voom can be stolen fi free. Seen?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Voom for free

WOW that will be awesome but i don't believe Voom could be hacked and i rather pay a paper bill so i could be a loyal customer of Voom. :D

As a new member to this forum, I would like to say how much I would like to subscribe to Voom, but as long as they require buying " packages " instead of ala-carte, guess I will stick to my 4DTV system. I tried Dish, but their equipment was a bunch of junk in a nice case. I also have Directv currently, just the basic package with locals and feel it is way overpriced for the programming I receive. Hopefully the ala-carte provision will make it through the FCC and all providers ( Sat. and Cable ) will be required to offer ala-carte programming like C-Band does now. I use directv for my locals and a few things that I don't subscribe to on the 4DTV system. Also wish they would let me pay with an annual subscription with about a 15% discount like C-band does.

Try Voom you have nothing to Lose and something to gain and for 1 Buck you could get up to 3 receivers hooked up and 5 dollar rental for the receivers.

We dont talk hack here...but to aswer your question...NO

After reading some of the other posts at this forum, I'm finding a few other negatives about voom, for instance I found that you can't buy and install your own equipment. Having been an electronics tech for many years and having multiple FCC licenses, I find this to an extreme negative. I have installed many BUD ( Big ugly dish ) and quite a few of the pizza pans for friends and neighbors, so feel this is something that should be left up to the discretion of the end user. In the description of the equipment, I also find there is no provision ( that I can find ) for a UHF remote. They seem to be IR only, which is also a problem with my Directv system. In my previous pizza dish system with dish network, that was one of my major complaints as the UHF remote was very unstable and would barely work from the next room. Hopefully Voom will see the light and allow more freedom for the end user in their attitude.

oldieslover said:
After reading some of the other posts at this forum, I'm finding a few other negatives about voom, for instance I found that you can't buy and install your own equipment.
You're right, however, installation cost in now only $1.

oldieslover said:
After reading some of the other posts at this forum, I'm finding a few other negatives about voom, for instance I found that you can't buy and install your own equipment. Having been an electronics tech for many years and having multiple FCC licenses, I find this to an extreme negative. I have installed many BUD ( Big ugly dish ) and quite a few of the pizza pans for friends and neighbors, so feel this is something that should be left up to the discretion of the end user. In the description of the equipment, I also find there is no provision ( that I can find ) for a UHF remote. They seem to be IR only, which is also a problem with my Directv system. In my previous pizza dish system with dish network, that was one of my major complaints as the UHF remote was very unstable and would barely work from the next room. Hopefully Voom will see the light and allow more freedom for the end user in their attitude.

About the UHF remote; several users are using just that with the Voom STB.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=22729&highlight=uhf+remote+voom

Walter L. said:
You're right, however, installation cost in now only $1.

Not only that, but you can do as I did and just do all of the wiring ahead of time. You tell the installer, this is where I want the dish, and oh would you look at that-theres a fresh piece of RG6 right there! WHat luck, here next to the TV is the other end of that cable! Even though he would provide the cable for that $1 install. I just wanted to do a really nice job wiring and didn't trust anybody.

Once he leaves you can repeak the dish, do whatever you want to really. Having somebody install it isn't so bad really.

--Dan