Is White Springs down?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks! I just checked back and it is on here too. I have noticed sometimes when I go there it takes awhile before I get a signal. It must have been a loooong delay tonight! Anyone knows why that happens?

Wish I new the answer for you Larry? My Pansat usually sits on White Springs when it's turned off, but not always. About once a week (or so), when I cut the Pansat on, it shows signal strength and picture for a brief second and then disappears, and nothing. A few times I impatiently used the switch on the back of the Pansat for a reset (reboot). Eventually I noticed it (the dish) was moving and I watched it. It went to what looked like TS (true south) and then returned to IA7 and White Springs. I have no Idea why it does this? I'm just glad it only does it about once a week. When it does this, it's not a reboot, just a reset. If it rebooted, it would show "b70" on the front of the receiver, which it doesn't do.
I have noticed what you're talking about on AMC6, with the channel from California. Sometimes it will be right on it, but mostly I have to leave it on it for a few seconds or longer, and it comes in. That Law Enforcement channel on G11 (I think) does this too. I guess that sometimes it just takes a little longer for digital to read the message in the codecs to decypher the message so we can get a picture and sound. But I don'r know?

Al

Were you getting other programing on that transponder or on another transponder on that satellite. If it was one transponder that was giving you trouble, try changing the frequency by 1 or 2 each way (+/-) to see if it locks in more reliably.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)