Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
There appears to be an issue at our ISP that is causing issues for accessing the site. A check of our servers shows everything on the server is running fine, however a tracert to the servers does show an issue at our ISP. I have put in a trouble ticket.

Reactions: TheKrell
Wondered what was up...been getting either "Bad Gateway" or "Backend Server Timeout" error screens.

It was timing out as you were not getting from the firewall to our server.

Even my private ip to hit the server without going through the firewall was having the same issue. Tracert showed 80% packet loss at the router at our ISP before hitting the server.

For the past few minutes there has been zero packet loss. So hopefully they fixed it (our ticket has not been updated yet) :)

Ok looks like it is fixed. They had a failure of an edge router and were putting traffic over a backup router while rebooting the edge router. The backup router couldn't handle the traffic. We are back on the edge router now.

And actually it seems a little more snappy to me now too. :)

Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
That explains the trouble I was having. Thanks, I was wondering.

A non-Distributed Denial-of-Service? ;)
Glad to hear that everything is back to normal!

Is this related to the copy / paste image failure since yesterday that results in a X failed image icon?
May 22
Sunday night the login failed from 6:30- 7:30. Failed access on Verizon and Comcast.

Sunday night the login failed from 6:30- 7:30. Failed access on Verizon and Comcast.
I was getting an NGiNX timeout, if anything, most of yesterday afternoon (Pacific Daylight Time).

Moments ago, Avast warned of some evil code on an ad server.

Last nights issue was because we were doing some work on our SQL server. Trying to get a database from another server that died imported. :)

I wasn't home at the time it happened but it was fixed by the time I got home.

Reactions: KE4EST
Is this related to the copy / paste image failure since yesterday that results in a X failed image icon?
May 22

File upload fails too now, unless its a tiny file.

This must be a server issue as I have begun to see the X img icon on many of older posts that had the image before. Not all just some.

I believe that our server admin AnthonyG has / is been working on moving our attachment system to a different partition on our hard drive setup as nothing was using that space and we were running out of space on the other partition.

Attachment issue is fixed. :)

Attachments

• beach_boys-pet_sounds.jpg
    beach_boys-pet_sounds.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)