Israel Satellte Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
I just returned from a trip to Israel and Egypt. In Israel it looked like some of the Satelite dishes may have been FTA as they were pointing in different directions while the PPV "YES" dishes were pointing almost straight up. I guess in that part of the world straight up is the correct way. The hotel next to ours in Tel Aviv had about six dishes and what looked like a couple of microwave towers.

I guess the "YES" PPV satelite system is the only one they have in Israel I saw it in Tel Aviv, Galilee and Jerusalem.

In Egypt I saw a lot of Dishes every where pointing in diffferent directions, really couldnt tell much.

The YES tv package is from Amos sats at 4w and quite expensive to subscribe to. In Egypt and the mid east inc Israel the packages are from Nilesat 7w or the Arab sats at 26e both of which have the best FTA in English in the world. I wish they would swing some of their channels to 97w.
I'm back in Cyprus for a bit so I have 26e to watch

I just returned from a trip to Israel and Egypt. In Israel it looked like some of the Satelite dishes may have been FTA as they were pointing in different directions while the PPV "YES" dishes were pointing almost straight up. I guess in that part of the world straight up is the correct way. The hotel next to ours in Tel Aviv had about six dishes and what looked like a couple of microwave towers.

I guess the "YES" PPV satelite system is the only one they have in Israel I saw it in Tel Aviv, Galilee and Jerusalem.

In Egypt I saw a lot of Dishes every where pointing in diffferent directions, really couldnt tell much.

Did you take any pics? POST THEM.

Shana Tova,

Yes, pictures would be great....

Hope you had a great trip.

I should take a picture of what roofs of houses along our elevated subway route look like... Every house has at least two or three DirecTV and a few other Dish Network dishes, and of course some FTA, and the funny thing, they are all pointed in different direction.. So those you saw were probably obsolete dishes that are not in use anymore. Believe it or not, some people get sick and tired of continuously aligning their dishes because they don't secure them properly, eventually they stop and get cable. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Believe it not, some people get sick and tired of continuously aligning their dishes because they don't secure them properly, eventually they stop and get cable. :rolleyes:

Absolutely right , its a Middle East thing not securing dishes properly. I've seen small bricks, sand bags, sacks of rice even a stack of telephone directories.:D

I should take a picture of what roofs of houses along our elevated subway route look like... Every house has at least two or three DirecTV and a few other Dish Network dishes, and of course some FTA, and the funny thing, they are all pointed in different direction.. So those you saw were probably obsolete dishes that are not in use anymore. Believe it not, some people get sick and tired of continuously aligning their dishes because they don't secure them properly, eventually they stop and get cable. :rolleyes:

I visit NYC every year, and I noticed this last year while riding the J in Brooklyn. There were dishes of every size, from Dish Network all the way up to 12 footers. Lots of strange OTA antennas and left-overs from microwave services as well. I had the idea that the next time I'm up, I should contact some of the apartment building owners to see if they want anything removed. The only problem with this plan is shipping the dishes from NYC to New Orleans where I live :) ...

Tron, you and me, let's go. :)
J train in Brooklyn, 7 train in Queens, and I am pretty sure there are similar scenes up in Bronx.

When riding on the 7 train in Queens right around corona. You will see a lot of 6ft buds on roof tops even some with graphatti on it

Maybe I can talk them into letting me bring a BUD or two on the plane as carry on ;) ... There are just tons of dishes on those roofs, and you can bet over half of them are not in use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts