n00b trying to find FOX for House MD premiere, would like to try HD cap w/visionsat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kulakovich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Howdy! Long time no post. Hadda baby about a year ago, or rather another baby. So no time for dish. Trying to get back in, hence my stupid question but experience to maybe pull this off.

ANYWAY- I read that the Visionsat IV 200 PVR plus can pull HD onto the external usb drive, and I could play it back on a computer using VLC. Awesome. Ok. Question time.

Is FOX that is OTA available over HD on a sat somewhere? I am combing over Lyngsat and keep doing less than successful searches here. I figure someone of the 251 people currently on this forum could say HEY ITS ON G16 FORMERLY KNOWN AS G4 YA n00b.

?

~kulakovich

So not even the OTA signal going from FOX to affiliates in a standard feed at x-o'clock, that sort of thing?

What about the Boston FOX signal? that hit a bird anywhere?

~k

You can blind scan 77w with a circular LNB to get some fox HD locals, I believe.

I'll pm you what I know about the C-Band feed of the House premier.

:D

Well thanks guys! - Seriously - you just saved me several hours of tinkering.

I will still get that Visionsat out of its box soon - I bought it to replace my Pansat 2500a when I thought it fried - turned out to be water in the coax.

Off to check out the Dr. Who forum!

~K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)